Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Selling the Lakota

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Guys,
After One year I have decided to sell the Lakota. I have out grown the power of this machine and wanted something with a little more muscle. I REALLY like the new Z400, but way to much money here in Costa Rica. Last weekend I picked up a used 2002 Warrior. The guy only had it for about 6 months and it looked like it was never used. Of course, I already have the Supertrapp and Twin Air filter on order for it from Rocky Mountain, as well as the PRM skid plate. I really think the Lakota Sport is a great machine. I rode it pretty hard with no mechanical problems (the stock skid plate is junk though). I will miss the little Lakota, but look foward to the power of the 350 and lower weight of the Warrior. Even though I have not written in soooo long, I still follow most of the posts. I will be checking the Yamaha and Kawasaki post now. (my buddies ride Mojaves)
Gaff, you always had great advise and it was cool modding the Lakotas at the same time last year. Right now the Lakota runs perfect and looks great.
Take it easy guys, talk to you later.
Lakota300cr

Old 10-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

300cr,
The warrior is a graet machine, think you will be more than happy with it. I race with them quite a bit and they do have good power. Although I've never ridden one for any pro longed time I would like anything with less wieght, but the lakota is still here and I have so much fun on it I can't realy justify getting rid of it untill my baby is born.

It was alot of fun modding them together last year. Never have I woke up and went straight to the computer like I did last year when we were doing them.

Well hope to see you around, and I can't stand the mojave/lakota's skid plates. That PRM is the chit.

Old 10-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY GAFF WHATS UP!!! still hangin around here eh! i check in every once in awhile to see what you guys are up too. how soon before your little one is here? do you believe mine is already almost 5months old ARG!!! sold the lakota and bought a 450 yamaha kodiak i really like it definetly a big change but its alot of fun, now if it rains i can still go ride and not have to worry about gettin stuck. has nice top end faster than my lakota if you can believe it!!! well just wanted to say hi and hope everything is good in your neck of the woods good luck with the baby i know your an
old pro by now. LOL!!! take it easy
allen

Old 10-09-2002, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Selling the Lakota

btt

Old 10-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Selling the Lakota

Hay GMtech,

5 months, to cool. Bet he has been the funnest toy around, lol.
My wife isn't due untill the 20th of December. We are very excited but at the same time starting to remember the baby thing.

We have to go buy all the stuff over again as are youngest is 11 now. It's been fun thow. They have some real cool things for kids these days, and a hole lot cheaper than before.

I am experiencing the same problems I had when my others were small. I tend to want soooooo many things but then remember how long it will be before he can use it.

My son and I already have are eyes on a couple small bikes for the new one. We don't want to fall behind on getting him ready for the oil injected class you know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As far as riding goes it's been slow for the last couple weeks. We got a good braek in the weather a few weeks ago and had a good 3 days of riding but other than that the weather has realy been bad down here sense the beginning of august.

I'm hoping to make my next race on the 19th of this month. Should be a good one. It's a quad only race. Although I'm in terrible shape from lack of riding so it looks like I may need some help getting threw this one, lol.

But other than that I still come here just don't post as much. I have my eye on 3 different quads for 03 but the ole lady put a nix on every thing and anything untill after the babies born.