Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Seen two Prairies at the local mud pit. Not good.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are bad, he may be telling the truth, maybe the P650 owners didn't know anything, maybe they weren't setup correctly. Who knows? Anyways, cut him some slack.

Old 10-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

NO SLACK!, I have seen seemingly intelligent post in the Bomb forums by Mar, why does one go to another forum and post like a 12 year old???

Old 10-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I don't doubt what he saw. Take an inexperienced rider and put them on a stock Prairie that hasn't been tuned and you could see those same results or worse.

Hit a hole wide open with your fuel air out of adjustment or the idle too low and see what happens when you let off of the throttle because you get scared, it'll die.

Take a set of stockers, come to a stop in a hole, sink, and try to pull out, you'll just make a deeper hole.

Take a tuned quad, get it's pipe under water, let it die.... problems!

But don't judge all P650s by what you see happen with an inexperienced rider and lacking equipment set up.

Most of the members of the forum have their quads dialed in and have good tires on them, these quads will own most holes as long as they don't "high center".

Old 10-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Bbertram..I dont doubt what Mar had seen. I have had my 650 stuck a couple of times. All I can say is if you havent been stuck you have been afraid to take the chance. Anything can and will get stuck. I got stuck just the other weekend screwing around trying to push my buddy on MY Scrambler out of a mud hole. I dug my self in so deep trying to push him out that we had to winch them both out. The Praire does an extremely good job in the mud for a straight axle machine. I have out done those on 660s and 700s and I have been stuck when they were able to get through. You take a slightly different line through a hole that the guy before you just made it through and you could be sunk very quickly.

Mar..unless you are talking extreme mud holes the Praire will do just fine. If you want to get really nasty in the mud then you would not be very bright to purchase a straight axle quad over something with IRS.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

<< NO SLACK!, I have seen seemingly intelligent post in the Bomb forums by Mar, why does one go to another forum and post like a 12 year old??? >>

How was his post a 12 year old post? Just because you can't possibly fathom what he saw doesn't mean you need to get all defensive and make comments like this. Keep an open mind and find out why those things happened. He didn't mention tires on quads so if they were all stockers then anything can happen. Well whatever, always keep an open mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back here and answer these questions after you slam him like that. Ask questions and get all the facts before you flip out.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

You guys make me sick. This is the last time im comming to this forum.

All I did was ask for a explination of what i saw and BAM every kawi owner in the world thinks im bashing and making fun of the almighty 650 Prairie. It becasue of talk like this that I asked the question.

I swear to you guys i didnt lie period. This was a flooded riverbed and belive me this is as extream as it gets. Like I said before not many bikes made it thru and most of them needed to be pulled out and becasue of all the people spinning and getting stuck it made it pretty much impossibe to go thru. I dont have stock tires on my quest so that might be why i got out. And As a matter of fact most guys on bigger bikes like polaris 700 and grissly 660s turned away. I wouldnt have gone in there but i thought i could help plus I had the cable to a buddies quad on shore. My post had nothing to do with the quest it had to do with the poor prarie performance. The two first posters nailed it on the head. i was just asking a question. I cant belive that when someone comes on here with a story he is either a liar or a 12 year old. You have to face the facts and realize that people that post on ATV sites sometimes go riding and see stuff like this.

As for my quest 650. I couldnt give a crap about it and it doesnt make me feel good. If i wasnt happy with it I would be right at the dealer monday trading it in for somthing else.

The two first guys answered my question about them being new to the bikes (which was true) and about the stalling and such. I didnt mean to **** anyone off but thats almost impossible to do here if you have somthing negitive to say. I even read in the polaris forum a guy that was venting because he had trouble with his bike and he got jumped on.

You guys are great, Keep it up...

Old 10-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Then why not state the facts first. The 12 year old remark was about the description of the events with no statement of the variables involved in the account of what happened. I am the least brand loyal person on earth so don't start on that with me. If you look, Yamaha's currently outnumber Kawi's in my stable. A Honda got culled out earlier this year LOL.

Just relax, but please state the conditions and variables first. Anecdotal accounts will most likely get slammed.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

MAR;
If I offended you, I am sorry. I was joking as I seem to do quite often. I don't doubt what you saw...I've had my quad stuck as bad as you can get stuck...it took 2 machines with winches in conjunction with my own winch to get out. ALL MACHINES get stuck...sometimes it's luck of the draw. You did say however that the Quest was more powerful than the Kawi (It is not ) and I had to take you to task for that. The Quest is a beast however...I am a big fan of BOMBARDIER and recognize they are built like tanks. They will also probably out work all other quads quite handily (Especially the Traxter) Don't take us Kawi owners the wrong way...we are a proud bunch...but we don't dislike anyone. Please feel free to post here again...both positive and negative...it's what makes this forum so great.

ROB

Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

Mar-It definitely sounds to me like you are slamming P650's.

An inexperienced rider can get any thing stuck in a deep mud hole. And an improperly setup and tuned 4 wheeler surely can have problems in extreme conditions. You can't base your opinion of the P650 on what you saw there. I always kick butt compared to the other bikes in mudholes when I get in them, mainly due to the diff lock feature, although I try to avoid them because it's real hard on the equipment. A bikes performance in mud holes is based on ground clearance, the self cleaning ability and traction of the tires, the number of wheels you've got spinning, the speed at which the power plant is able to spin them, and last but not least but most important, THE RIDER. Believe me, the P650 has it all, except for the tires, right out of the showroom. With a few mods they become fire breathing beasts that love to eat mud holes for lunch.

While these guys are definitely relentless I'd say that if one of them made a similar post on the Bombardier page they would get the same kind of response back from you all.

Let's all try to get along![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

I dont care that it got stuck. Pretty much every machine that crossed got stuck. What i posted about was I was wondering why it stalled, and then had a huge slipage problem when towing the other bike, I was just wondering if this is a common issue with this bike.

I was just wondering if all of them did that and if they did why this wouldnt be talked about more.

Now I realize that it was just set up wrong, Maybe it just needed a little tweaking with the idle speed screw.

My intentions are not to flame any bike. I own yamahas, bombariders, And i had a suzuki and all of them have there good and bads. Not only that but i dont belive that if someone pays with there hard earned cash for a bike that he should have to sit and listen to people make fun of it. But kawis are very rare where i ride and this was the first time i saw one out in the mud. It sounds to me like two rookies that didn't know what they were doing but honestly from shore it looked like two bikes that seemed flawed so thats why i started this topic, just to see if this was the case. The only reason i asked is that this bike has always intrested me being a v-twin and all and it still does.

And Brand loyalty and proudness is the best thing for all the motorized sports. Thats what keeps it going and what keeps the flame of competition ignited.

Quick Reply: Seen two Prairies at the local mud pit. Not good.