Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need wheelie bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did some wheelies last night, scares the he!! out of the wife.
Come to think of it , it scares the he!! out of me. Getting to old to bench press 600 lbs, the thought passed my mind when i got quad at about 70 deg.
Have friend that can end up at 90 degrees with rubicon but he has a bar at back that saves his backside. Are there any people here who have set their bike on rear rack or gone over ?

Raymond

Old 10-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I set my honda trx 250 (yeah I know its just a little squrt) on its back racks all the time, but dont do it as often any more becaus you loose a ton of gas. wont the 650 stop when the racks hit as long as you don have it floored?

Old 10-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

tommyboy84
Dont knew if racks would stop a 600 lb quad with a 200 lb." p o w " (porker on wheels)on it from going over or not, and dont want to find out the hard way . Was wanting some one with more expertise in this field then me to reply. Im not a great rider, old ,slow porker comes to mind. Im probably over quaded, but you can never go back.
Raymond

Old 10-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

200 pounds? your just a little feller[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm 6ft3 very large bone structure and 350pounds. I think the racks will probaly stop you. if you wanna be on the safe side just to check it out hears how ya do it. stand on the back rack put your feet at the end where the ledge goes up and stomp on the gas when your rack tuches steep away from the atv and it should set right there..... I hope so any way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

p.s does the 650 even have a ledge to keep you gear/another person from sliding off the back shoul you punch the gas...

Old 10-05-2002, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

You guys are dimented, I like it, do it some more.

Old 10-05-2002, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes the rear rack will stop you from going over at low speed, but the plastic cover will get chewed up because the back edge will drag on the ground.

Don't know about if you have a passenger; might wind up dragging them on the ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 10-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have never performed a rack-stand wheelie but every time I imagine myself doing it visions of the quad falling back down with me still hanging onto the handlebars follow (resulting in a very macabre scene of multiple trauma issues).

I can read the headlines now <u>Fat Man Killed In Freak ATV Accident!!!</u>[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Wow
Where did all the replys come from.
tommyboy84, yes i look small beside you, there are no rack ledges or anything to keep you from sliding off.Only fear would keep your hands on handlebars.
Alltoys, thanks i knew i would get the recoginition i deserved. hmmm your reply was at 10:15,closed toy shop for night, catch up on mail , consider shutting things down for night and first best thing comes to mind.
Prairie 1776, i ride the quad alone , wife watches in terror. I think with two on the 650,it would reach the point of no return a lot quicker.
Muddhound
yes! that it, thats the visions that run through my mind. Damn i feel good now, here i thought that the visions that were flashing through my mind were a chemical inbalance.
Raymond

Old 10-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Roscoe69 you are going to like this today I rigged up a wheelie bar for a fellow rider with a Raptor. I had an old spring from a trailer laying around and mounted it to the rear end of his Yamy. Not only does it not wheelie as bad but it works for great for going up steep hills. We tried it on a steep hill close to home when he started to go over backwards the spring came in touch with the hill and actually sprang the front end forward enough to propell the front of the Raptor up the hill. The spring sooked up enough enertia then forced the front down giveing the feeling of prepelling the bike forward. He let me try it I can tell you it felt strange at first but after you got used to it what a rush. I have 2 springs left I will rigg something up this weekend for the Green Machine and give it a try. It also snowed today ground was white this morning and dry this evening. Have fun talk to you again.

Old 10-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys
yep thats the kind of answer we need, my quad will wheelie like mad but i dont heal as quick as i used too.
In a readers digest version ,&quot; i dont have the ba;;s for that &quot;.

Wheelies make a great side show along hwy 47 , but dont need the action on hills etc. let me knew how it works out.
Spent all day trying to get gps mapping program to work. not having much success.
snowed here all night, rain in morning friday night, rained sat. night, but mountains are compleatly white.
How is the nitros working?
Raymond

Quick Reply: need wheelie bar