Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Louisiana Guard Dog

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana Guard Dog

Has anyone ever used The Louisiana Guard Dog ? Any opinions good or bad. Im looking to get one in the near future.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

If they are gonna take it, they can get through that too. I have a handheld bandsaw that cuts quiet and fast. Someone out there has the tools to take it.

However you might as well make it as tough as possible, right?

Insurance is the best protection.

Another guy had a great idea to protect his 650, see this anti-theft device.

You can see by the shadow that it is chained to the 650. Looks real, even looks like it growls and bites.

Maybe this device should be marketed with a catchy name like
"The bone breaker" antitheft device
"The chomper"
"The big dawg anti theft device"

Old 10-10-2002, 06:32 AM
Range Rover

Does it come with a remote ? haha

Old 10-10-2002, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

He claims it is voice activated.
Batteries don't last long though, he has to feed it regularly.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:24 AM
MDG
Range Rover

Looks like it is strong enough to keep the quad from hitting the cab in a wreck. I like that you can still pull a trailer. The one on the trailer would not keep the quad from walking. You would still need tie downs for the front. Looks allot harder to steal then a then a chained quad. Looks interesting. If you try it let us know how you like it. They say you can try it for up to a year and if you don't like it return it for a refund. $130 isn’t bad for a quad accessory.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

Howdy,
I have used the La. Guarddog for a year now & highly reccomend it. I have a short bed pick up with a tool box behind the cab. With the guarddog I can haul my 650 and still not touch the box. It holds the quad securely with no bouncing around. Have a goodun!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

well when nyroc's P650 breaks down he can use his anti theft devise to pull him out of the woods also. J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I keep our quads chained together and have chain around 16" dia tree. The chain ( brother in law gave it to me) is a gold colored chain , he says you cant cut it with a hacksaw, need torch. Could be i wouldnt knew , but i put a lock on it they claim you cant cut with hacksaw, weighs about 1 lb.
yes i keep them chained up and we live way out in the country. olso dog runs free . Best anti theft devise around here is dog and guns, but our left wing goverment doesnt want us to have guns, or use them. Too bad !
BIG PROBLEM here is the drug trade, drugies steal quads ,sleds and everything that is not nailed down for the price of a fix.
The best thing about chains and dogs , is that the low lifes will probably steal where it is the easyest, like the guy next door, without dog and who doesnt lock his quads up.
Raymond

Old 10-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll get one just to be safe. I take my quad to work and it sits in my truck on a semi secure lot but you never know.

Old 10-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

i saw this really good idea to lock up your quad. what it is is a big metal bar that go diagonally across the quad. It has a fork like thing on either end which one end pushes the handle bars so the wheels are turned as far as possible which makes it go in circles if someone pushes it. the other end hooks onto the back rack secureing the handle bars in place. and in the middle there is a hole for a lock so the bar stays extended. when i get my quad im gonna have my grandpa whip me up one of thosecuz it looks like someone is gonna have one hell of a tim trying to steal it

Quick Reply: Louisiana Guard Dog