Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dial A Jet a definate Plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dial A Jet a definate Plus

I recently installed a dial a jet system on my P650 with wonderful results. I went to the mountains where I occasionally ride there the altitude can range from 1800ft to 9700ft within a few miles. If you don't jet your bike appropriately you will have problems with idle and general performance. This jet system works perfectly just turn the *** to go up or down in jet size all it takes is 2-5 minuites to achieve depending where you put the adjuster for the jets.

My bike started to sputter around 5000ft so I adjusted the airscrews and it ran fine till I reached 6200ft and then it wouldn't run proper at all no performance what so ever. I reached in to the adjusters turned down 2 notches adjusted the air screws 2 minuites later and the bike ran as if it were at 2200ft again. In no time I was up doing wheelys again running circles around my buddies not that I couldn't do that before just more fun this time. They thought the big double lunger was going to hicup all the way to the top, " NOT ". When we reached 9200ft my buds could hardly go anywhere without fear of ruinning their bikes, they tried opening air boxs, leaning out the carb it helped a little but not to much. I again adjusted the jets, took off the air box lid and it ran fine just like I was at 2200ft. I had all the performance I needed and more, I am sold on thiese jets and would buy them again. I should have done this before I started doing all my modds it would have saved a lot of time dismantiling the carbs!!!!

The only thing I will have to develop is a vent system on the airbox lid to open and close therby adjusting air intake for fine adjustment, and so no water can get in. A definate worthwhile investment if you are going to modd your bike or ride to greater hieghts.

Old 10-15-2002, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

Where can you get one of these and how much of a mechanical expert do you have to be to install one??? I ride in desert and mountains and could definitely use something as simple as this...any input would be appreciated...thanks

Old 10-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys
Great to hear it worked out , will have to check into this. Have mine jetted at 135 and 138 keihein jets, worked fine up to 7000 ft. . still thinking about hooking chokes back up, but still starts good by pumping carb even when the temp drops -5 deg. celcius. Where were you riding on weekend? sounds like you had good time.
Raymond

Old 10-15-2002, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Dokyo

I found these guys to be very helpful any problems that might arise they can answer great to work with whether your ability is begginer or pro they can help talk to LONN. I thingk they are in Minnesota.

Thunder Products
320 597-2700

Roscoe69

Younge fellow I was just before the gates to Jasper there is a staging area there. From there you can travel for miles we ran 130km the first day stayed over night at a campsite, piknik area covered in kind of thingy. Climbed up to 9300ft according to the GPS, found some snow actually lots of snow almost a foot would have been great for sleds. Only would have had to tow sleds to higher elevations LOL. It was an excellent time we even cooked a turkey in a big oil filled pot (cooking oil that is) first time, had all the fixings it was a great time. I should have dropped by and picked you up but I think Cheryl had other plans for you " YES " LOL.

The dial a jets worked flawlessly, if I new they were available before that's the way I would have gone. Talk to you later have fun.

Old 10-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys
Yes i was tied up all weekend thats for sure. Got out for a few hrs on monday with my brother , we went up to 4000 ft, some snow in shade lots at about 5000 ft upward.
Who, and where did you go to the mountains ? How many people , some must have been from Hinton?
you must have unloaded close to the sand dunes on the athabaska river.
ps a friend just cooked a turkey that way , big container of cooking oil, i thought you would use motor oil. LMFHO

Raymond

Old 10-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the sight for Dial a jet for Thunder Products it is about $110. Not to bad I'm going to wait a little longer until I here more about them. Thats a lot to spend right now sinse I do have the dyno jets in and they are working fine right now. I need to gain a little for jetting experience.

How are they for water and mud running do you have to drill the carbs to install them or what?

Old 10-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Roscoe69

I went with 2 guys from Wetaskiwin and 3 from Edmonton unfortuenately I don't now anyone from Hinton, might have helped with directions but we found what we wanted. I picked up maps from map town in Edmonton with GPS coordinates from them we planned our escape. There are numerous trails to venture on we also picked up a map from a hiking trail shop in Jasper to link up with our already purchased maps this proved valuable. With referrance to sand trails and the river are you talking about "Bule" the other side of Hinton I'll give you a call later to confirm.

MonteSS

The jets work good in the mudd as I try to find all the mudd I can. I put the air inlet to the jets up beside the snorkle about the highest place there is without exsposing their where abouts.

You do not have to drill the carbs what so ever the jets fit into the boot between the carbs and the motor. I put mine into the sync tubes used to sinc the carbs for now and they worked great. Mind you I will find a more pemanent place for them later along with the jets for the nos and leave the sync tubes for what they were designed for. I will be ordering a set of cams soon so I will have to canabalize and rebuild later anywho, will keep you informed.