Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!

Well I went and done it, turbo charging and nos are not compatible at least at the same time poor Green Machine is ailing.

Bent, twisted, snapped the axle and worm drive gear in the trany. Full tear down coming up. The turbo was a little lacking on the start up to 3000rpm and then hold on Harry cause its rocket time. Still took 5 seconds to reach maximum speed after 3000rpm it was breath taking, it cought up to my previous times with the nos set up.

So why not nos up to 3000rpm then cut off nos and the turbo can pull from there. I was talking to Mastrblastr the other night I said this would be the way to go. Well it worked perfectly with solenoid to shut the nos at 2850rpm and the turbo hits hard from there and I mean hits hard. I hit max speed and rpm in just over 3 seconds and the turbo pulls extremely hard with only 8psi.

The problem arose when I injected nos and turbo at same time, actually it worked well, too well. The torque was so great the quad started to go into a power twist, the rear shock extended past its limits snapped the ring on the top, the bike lurched up and the axle twisted like a match stick. I think the worm gear in the trany was next to go, not really sure as I was trying to hang on like a bull rider riding a crazed bull. My wife told me I had a 2 foot flame coming out of the exhaust and I launched like jet dragster we had seen at the drags last year.

Oh well I was going to tear down the Green Machine this winter anywho so now I just have a little farther to go. Oh yeh I'm fine, a little shook up nothing a few nights in the hot tup won't cure along with some Northern Comfort.

Old 11-09-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

alltoys, did you leave a starfish cutout on the seat trying to hang on with anything you could ? LOL.
severe puckerage!!!!!! remember that that rear cylinder is pointed right at your bag next time you launch!!!!

Old 11-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

good luck!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys

Well you managed to overpower the quad this time. Where in the he!! do you get all these ideas. Was scootdog right about the starfish on the seat cover, lmfao.
Got 5 inch's of snow last night, we are going for a run today , south east of here.
Raymond

Old 11-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, It was only a matter of time. I kinda figured you were gonna push that thing over it's limit sooner or later!! Glad to hear you are allright. If you were running the nos and the turbo at the same time, you had to be up over 100hp. Next time you do this, (there will be a next time), get your wife to video tape it!!! You'd win ten grand on America's funniest videos for sure!!!

I went on the net and tried to find an aftermarket axle, but couldn't find one. Durablue doesn't have one for the 650. I thought I read somewhere that someone put a Gorilla axle in the rear of their 650, but I couldn't find one of them either. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket axle for these things? It would be crappy to have to shell out huge coin for a stock axle, when you can have an aftermarket one that is way tougher. I'll keep looking and will let you know.

Old 11-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

alltoys,
there are so many things wrong with your work i dont know where to start, lmao!!! nos is sick on a 4x4, but a turbo and nos on it? ( i can see you designing the wings now, lol) i cant emaging the hand streinth just to hold on, heehee. i could see someone on a 700 or a grizzly trying to race ya, talking bout keeping up and all, lmao!!!
hope it goes back together real good for ya. while you have it apart, you going to add more? might i sudjest wheely bars, a roll cage, 6 point harness, and a cathader, heehee.
good luck buddy!

Old 11-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I see all you fine gentlemen are full of helpful hints lmfao!!!!!!! Thanks for the help on the axle Mastrblastr, I tried to find one too and all I got was how did you destroy this one. It's a looonggggg story that's all I'm going to say.

I found some titanium at work that is the right size. I was going to use some 705 stainless as weight to weight ratio is the same as the former axle. When I picked up the piece of tanium it is so light I have to have it, it is about a tenth the weight of chrome molly 5 times stronger than molly and 10 times stronger than the original. I think there is enough to build the worm gear too.

I am amazed that all the gearing stood up to the abuse, the rear end is almost bullet proof Kawi did a nice job on the bottom end. I now my Honda wouldn't take what the Green Machine has gone through. I also have to find a new shock for the back end since this one is toast. I found a way to extend the rear housing allowing for a longer travel shock maybe enabling a smoother ride and more body ground clearance.

She's all apart now except the motor whitch I will tackle next week. Wifey wont let me play in the shop anymore this weekend, something about " Playing enough, or done enough this weekend (something to that effect)"

Roscoe69 have fun in the snow younge fellow I have around 2inches that fell yesterday so the ground is nice and white hope it stays that way for Santy Claus time. Take care fellas have fun!!!

Old 11-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Scootdog

About the pucker part, I am sure I wont be having normal movements for the next while at least. Again take care have fun!!

Old 11-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

I don't believe it. I just checked the forums and found out Alltoys almost blowed-up Alberta!!!
I have just one question for you. Is there ANYTHING at your house that is still in its stock form??? You know like lawnmowers, blenders, hair dryers , toasters or ANYTHING ???
I guess you just gave us the true answer as to " Who has the baddest ride on this forum".
Glad to hear your all right.
ps. maybe you can "goop" the cover back on your seat.lmfao

Old 11-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys
Well i can hardly wait for the axle work, i believe the gorilla axe is on the forum high lifter, one of those cats got a bada$$ kawi, north muskie or someone to that effect.
We ended up with 5.75 in. snow and went on a -8c run. damn that muskeg was rough, the moss etc was frozen honeymoon hard. Not a great place for old people, but when it settles in the cold and gets another foot on top it will be sled time. Both of our sleds are in for roller work on the clutch's. cant take a chance on blowing up a clutch 50 miles from home, it would take a week to walk back through the muskeg. Good thing that the wife put a end to you fooling with the appliances for the weekend. Is she still pi$$ed of about the toaster melt down. lmfao
We are planning a offencive against the iwreck's , , but we are getting some resistence from the masses, god i love a good thread , everyone wants to get in on the act. by the way can you build us a supper gun that fires old pepsi bottles , you knew the ones with the spirel twist in the glass. man can you see the camels walking around on the broken glass.
Raymond

Quick Reply: Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!