Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What I learned about the Prarie 650 part deux

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I learned about the Prarie 650 part deux

You know the story from part one. Here's the email that was in my inbox this a.m.. As a footnote, the old vs. new frame he's referring to is because one of the quads got bent and now has a new frame:

Happy birthday again. For your birthday I serviced your quads for you : ). Seriously, hope you had a great b-day.

I just finished the service on both the bikes and I though I would let you know what else I learned...

Regardless of what you call it, how much you pay for it, or how fresh it is... gear oil still smells like a bucket of *** holes.

A marinade injector is your best friend for filling diffs.

I need a new marinade injector

You now have your own personal custom crafted tool for filling your diffs...it's either give it to you or make Turkey ala Mobil

I thought the dog hated the taste of 20w/50.... you should see the way he shakes his head after tasting gear lube.

The same fawking silver back must have put the oil filter on both bikes.

A few brief minutes in hot water and the 20w/50 pours much better... I contemplated the microwave but ultimatly decided against it.

Diff fluid was pretty and clean

Those POS metaltek skid plates you have are a serious PITA to get off of the front

Got looking at the old frame and I think the top rails are bent worse than the bottom rails.

Don't ever buy anymore skid plates. I think the dog is going to get me a plasma cutter for christmas ; )

Anyway, everything is serviced and good to go. Before I forget, the new frame does not, I repeat does not have any type of VIN plate on it. If it was me I would probably just hang on to the old frame or hack the section with the VIN on it out of the frame and keep it. If you want I can cut it out of the old frame and tack it onto the new frame (make it a plate) and paint it up pretty. Let me know what you would like me to do.

Adios,

Rich

Old 11-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Bigtree
Keep posting letters from rich. lmfao
Rich has a great dog, cleans up oil and buying him a plasma cutter for christmas. My dog has no money and will not even clean up after himself. He would reather ah!! i better not go there.
I think that the kawi needs those extra skid plates, cut a rad hose off on mine one day, Now that brings back memory'sraymond

Old 11-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Last xmas I think the dog bought him a nice digi cam. I have 2 dogs and neither one buys me those kinds of toys!

On the skids: yea, they're needed for sure. Especially since we do a lot of rock-crawling sort of stuff. Point he was making is we won't burn any more money on them. We'll just fab them ourselves. (unless of course the dog decides to give him a lump of coal instead).