Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hey Alltoys

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Alltoys

I was in the garage looking at my stock needle and jets and I think you are probably right about them working better then the dyno kit ( like I have any right to question your judgement ). If I change back would I need to shim the needle?
R.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

Oshawa

Nope works mitey fine all by itself. When you get more into it send me carbs I will bore them for you and rework your now Kawi jets.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hey Alltoys

Thanks. Your the man.
By the way if you owned a Yamy would it look something like this?
Text
( I hope I did this right )
R.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hey Alltoys

Nope. I didn't.
Try this. http://www.atv.dhs.org/Pictures/woul...65Fcool962Ejpg
Sorry about the crude way of doing this. Hope you don't break a nail doing this.
R.

Old 11-15-2002, 06:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

It still puts you back to the main page.

Old 11-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

Looking at my stock jets as compared to the stage one DJ jets; the largest DJ is smaller than the stock jets, but the DJ jets are longer. Don't know if the length makes a difference. I do know that I will try the stock needles again; a dead stock 650 has much better throttle response up to 2/3 throttle than my machine does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

I just finished the carbs on the 650. Stock jetting and stock needles back in it. The throttle response is good again; you can nail the throttle from a dead stop and not get any hesitation. It's stronger and more responsive at low throttle settings. It's a bit lean on top; I'll have to order some oversized Keihin jets. Until they arrive I can just take a few discs out of the Supertrapp to compensate. Anyone want to buy a Dyno Jet power kit? LOL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Hey Alltoys

Hey alltoys, Im a little confused. I thought the DJ kit was the way to go. Are you saying stick with Kawi jets if thats your only mod so far or only use them no matter what you do ? I have the Diamond G Snorkel and DJ kit as per Bearmans recommendation and it seems to work great. I have no hesitation at all.

John

Old 11-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

BTT

Old 11-16-2002, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey Alltoys

JJ, Nova, Oshawa

The DJ kit works well if you haven't done any modds and you want to lean your bike out as the quad comes rich setting from factory this is common knowledge. Soon as you put on Diamond G's snorkle and drill some holes or install closable vents this leans the system bringing the Kawi back to where it should be. When you do the intake and exhaust then jump up a notch in jet size with the kawi's and it will smarten that machine right up. If you run too lean or too rich it will also damage the engine so make sure you do a spark plug test after you change jets. I have had my carbs apart more than 40 times now and have tested most all combinations possible including the DJs. I think I read once a person can do the jet change in 15 minuites, man would I like to have him on my team. It takes around 20 minuites for me take off the plastic, remove the battery and all the rest. With all this time spent changeing jets I have found the Kawi jets work better for me.

Dj's will give more top end than Kawi's probably in the one to two mile an hour difference after 1/2 mile of full out throttle. In a drag race if you can't get that extra mile or two to work for you then you working backwards money spent for nothing. Say does anyone want a slightly used DJ kit I have one too. I am not putting down Djs as they make a good product, they have good people to talk to and you can get a stage 2 kit but for more money. The Kawi's are 5 bucks a piece and go as high as 200, I have had as high as 190fr & 195r just to experiment.

These are some of my modds, carbs bored larger, polished & ported, shop built dial a jets, lower compression ratio, muffler modded via Nyrocs specs only with 12 1/2in holes, timing advanced, 2inch lift, updated stater, chrome molly bumpers and racks, soon titanium rear axle and worm gears, choke updated, the list goes on I find my signature works better. I hope I have answere some questions this is only my perspective this is what I have discovered to be true for myself and talking to other forum members.

Oshawa those quads are radical is that a younge fellows way of saying I will have sleepless nights for awhile dreaming of something that interesting. Those are nice quads moddified for crazy people, I LIKE IT!!!

Quick Reply: Hey Alltoys