Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Holeshot ATR Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holeshot ATR Tires

I am very close to ordering a set. I have the Mudrunners. They are excellent, but I want to have a softer ride than the mudrunners offer. I also want to be able to hit small mud puddles (not mud pits), and ride in snow without traction problems. I also want a more predictable ride. I know I will give up some mudding ability, but that's ok since I don't hit the big mud pits. I have read the few reports out there about these tires. I have a few concerns:

1. The ride won't be any softer than what I already have with the mudrunners. (ITP web site says radials ride softer)
2. I will give up too much traction ability for snow and small mud puddles compared to the mudrunners.

For those of you who have taken these tires or other holeshots/knobby style tires into the mud or snow, please report your opinions or experiences of the Mud and Snow ability of the Holeshot ATR tires.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think Kawi650 just picked up a set for his machine, if I am not mistaken. I would say they have great traction in harder packed snow, not so good in deep wet snow.
The simple fact of the matter they are radial tires and not bias which give them a larger contact pattern, wider lower profile. I think I am going to pick up a set myself for the dry summer days, I also plan on doing a lot of winter trail ridding were the atv trails in the area are groomed so the ATR would rock on this type of surface. I haven't priced them yet but would imagine they would be a little more money then the other bias type tires. The Honda Rincon come stock with radial tires and the reviews loved the ride they provided. Did you read the review in atvconnection on the itp atr's.

I would tend to say radial in general are better the bias, just my opinion.

bubba650r

Old 11-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey. the ATRs are all they are said to be! I brought a set last week from ATV gear.com. The has tires have converted my Kav650 into a true sport machine. You can't go wrong with these.

Trane

Old 11-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

I've had mine in the snow and mud. Love them. I think that the only thing you will be giving up is tire height. (They only come in 25", compaired to 26" and 27"). As far as traction goes, I've never riden on a tire as good. I also thing that they ride as soft as the stockers.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a set delivered to my house yesterday ( $269.00 with shipping) for my 650. Will try to have someone mount them this weekend. I have always avoided the deepest mud anyway so I'm hoping they will be allright in shallow mud. My only concern right now is not loseing any ground clearence. I'll report back soon.

Old 11-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Mercerman, where did you find those tires for that price?

Old 11-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tell me about the price, I just priced them at my dealer and there going to be around $700 Canadian For 4. I had no idea how expensive ATV tires are. I can by some nice tires for my truck for less money, I was always a snowmobile Guy and never had to by atv tires, I thought they would have been around 60 bucks apiece boy was I wrong.

Please help me if anyone nows were I can get a good price on any atv tires in Canada.

Old 11-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try this, it only took a few days. Mike

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/itp_holeshot_atr.htm

Old 11-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

keep me informed about the ground clearance thing. That is my only worry.

Old 11-29-2002, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

Don't let that worry you. The front tires are the exact same height as the stock ones, and the rears are about 1/2" shorter. Which means that you loose about 1/4" In clearance, in the rear and none in the front. And 95% of the time I hit the front end not the rear.
I took my bike out on a got HARD ride today, (was racing a kid with a 300EX down a trail), Kicked his butt, but only because I could launch so hard out of the turns. He would of either beat me, or I would of wrecked with the old stockers.

Quick Reply: Holeshot ATR Tires