Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

thunder products dial-a-jet system

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder products dial-a-jet system

has anyone tried this dial-a-jet system? it looks really interesting, being able to re-jet your machine in just minutes. i am considering ordering this, but i want to know if anyone has had any problems with it.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yes myself and Shotgun use the TPI dial a jets they work great. Since the 650 is a down draft carburetor this is the only system that will work it also allows for the addition of a second premixed high octane fuel boost. It makes a good quad better besides the ability to adust the jets on the fly. Because the fuel is mixed with air all the time it comes on just after idle and icreases as the harmonics of the carb increases giveing that extra little ooomph! Other dial jets do not work as well as they only come on at high RPM and can over flood your carbs. I ride cosistantly from 2200ft to 9000ft and it is such a breeze to reach in turn a dial to adjust the jet and it is back to operating the same at 2200ft. Each individual jet has a separate breather hose so if you can attach it to the original air intake between the air filter and the carb this will work best. You must watch out for river crossings but I silicone the jet housing to the carb and this reduces the flooding sindrome. Plus they increase your fuel mileage.

Old 12-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Antix do you know if they they make them for the Lakota? I have only found them for the mojave.

Old 12-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Ripen

You can get them for any make, model shape size doesn't matter what it is whether it is a car, truck motorcycle, sled lawnmower for that matter they will have it.

Old 12-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

rockymountainatv has the system for a lakota

Old 12-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

Alltoys, how hard is it to install this? How long does it take and are any specail tools needed?

Old 12-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Scooter

If you have had your carbs apart it is no problem the kit comes with instructions and makes it easy. You will have to drill into the upper part of the carb where the rubber from the air box fits onto. You will have to determine where to put the dial as it is rather barried behind some tubing when installed but a long thin screwdriver and a flash light will help. The kit describes putting the fuel line from the bowl, you will have to make a new hole beside the drain screw as it is too long and wont find the fuel properly. I have my fuel line attached here with valve to turn it off and another hose leading from the air box where I can install a separate fuel bladder with enriched fuel additive giving my Green Machine a little more pick me up. I got this idea from Shottgun he does the fuel additive, I have it set up where I can do both with a flip of a valve a tweek of dial and away I go.

TPI has these vents that close and open with filters you can install in the air box lid these work excellent especially for mudd crossings where you can close up the vents keeping out the possibility of drowning your quad. I have 2 directly above the carbs this allows for direct air intake with just enough warm air and with Diamonds intake to allow for better flow of cold denser air that produces power. I find these 2 additions an excellent and cheap way to produce power along with the dial a jets. By the way these jets are the only ones that work with a down draft carb period. The thing that I like the most about these jets they are working right from above idle to the top end. Other dial a jets work only from the 3/4 to full throttle position only because they create a full fuel flow without preatomizing the fuel. Not that this is wrong it is okay if you want to race consistantly or have that little boost on the top end. You will still get a bogging sensation at higher altitudes at low throttle and works well when you hit the 3/4 throttle position to full out. I prefer to have my quad adjusted right from the initial touch to full throttle instead of a finicy set up.

If you like to modify your quad or go high up in the moutains with a flip of dial you can have more time for fun while your buds are trying to figure out what jet to use you have made a fire, had lunch, a beverage of your disire and commented to your buddies how hard it was to change your jets!!!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Scooter I got carried away all you need that is extra is tap and it wouldn' t hurt to get a numbered drill the cost for me was $12 all tolled. Have fun take care let me now if you need more help. PM if you need indepth help.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, at Rocky Mountain ATV they list the Thunder Products Dial-a-Jet kit for the 650. The text also says you need to order a snorkel kit in order to use to Dial-a-jet kit. What do you know about this?

Old 12-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Nova

The TPI jets suck in air to immulsify the fuel the only problem is the jet is at carb level so without the snorkel it could suck in dirt, water any contaminate that could clog the system. So they have a snorkle all it is is a plastic tube that leads from the dial to any where you choose to put it. It also has a filter at the end of the tube. You don't have to buy the snorkle but it is not that exspensive say $10 a piece I think. I have found another tube that fits and I mount it the side of the air box before the air cleaner and the carbs thereby utilizing the clean air from the air box. You can glue them in but do it right find brass fitting from your local hobby shop with nuraled ends for the tube and a nut on the inside to make it air tight. You might have a question about water getting into the jets and this is viable concern although I use silicone on all connections and I have not had any problems and I have my quad barried up to the seat.