Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

MORE INFO ON THE KFX700!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 02:28 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE INFO ON THE KFX700!!!

Here we go again!!! Lets just wait until the D*M thing comes out before we start talking Trash about it. You don't know Zip about how it will perform and neither do I, that is why I don't sit here and talk Smack about how I am going to kick everyones Butt on this thing. If it doesn't hold it's own, then so be it.

I didn't start this Thread to get into a long drawn out Jury Trial about it's abilities before we even KNOW what it will do. Talk is just that and has NO bearing on how this Quad will perform. So lets just Wait and see. If it ends up being a Pig, then all you Doom & Gloom'rs can have a field day with it and I'M SURE WE WILL HEAR ALL ABOUT IT, OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN.

I will say this, I have personaly talked to 2 people that have ridden the KFX700 and from what they have told me, I'm pretty Jacked about having one in my garage.

Old 12-30-2002, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

RPM,
I think we all get the point. You are right, lets wait and see what it can/can not do. Based on the performance of the P650, I think that this machine will be scary fast in a straight line. I can't speak from experience about dune riding(NE PA=moutians/swamps/coal banks), but with all that clamed hp it sounds like a great duner. Who knows we will wait and see. Come to think of it, lets remember way Kawi put this motor in the P650-torque, so with that said maybe the torque will compensate for the weight. That formula seems to work well with the DS's

Old 12-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Common sense tells me that The 700 will compete with all others in speed, think about it. Kawasaki detune the p650, but only to the point that it was slighly faster than the competation. They could have put the 650 motor in the new bike, they already had it and it would have saved them lots of money, but they didn't. They stepped it up to the 700 and added 4-5 more horse power, again I'll bet you'll find that it is slightly faster than the competition. Will it be the best dune or mx machine, maybe not because of the weight, but straight line, hard footing, say good-bye.

Kawasaki didn't build this bike to be second to anyone in stock form.

my .02,

Old 12-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sep1
Thoe numbers seem pretty good for an engine that is in my lawn tractor, hate to break it to you guys the Kawi 650 engine is a great motor so great it is made by John deer and it is the same motor in my 20hp tractor. So i think kawi did a great job getting what they could out of it, as far as the 700 V-force competing with Preditors, Raptors and such forget about it way to heavy. Now if they made this a 4X4 that would justify the weight, and make an awesome woods machine.
I hope this is a joke since John Deer's have Kawasaki motors in the , the 650 is a totally new motor, it is a 90degree v-twin all other v-twins are at 45 degrees. Even if the HP numbers are close between the 650 and 700 the 700 should rock , the smaller tires and 100 lbs less will make a huge differnece. in acceleration and performance.

Old 12-30-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't worry about the belt issue. HPD builds 2-stroke Polaris 400's with 80+ horsepower at the crank and they use a Kevlar belt that has held up very well. I'm sure the aftermarket will soon have a high performance belt for the 700 that can withstand the torque.

Old 12-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, it is a joke. I know that Kawi actually manufactures engines for john deer. I was trying to get a rise out of you Kawi guys. The engines in the lawn tractors and the 650 look similar but that is were the similarities end. Could you imagine the 650 engine in a lawn tractor? I think you would have nothing but two big tire ruts all through your lawn.

Old 12-30-2002, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Where we ride there are some super steep super lose hills and we either have to go down in a high gear or with the clutch pulled in and VERY VERY light on the brakes. If you lock up the brakes the atv WILL slide out of control adn sideways then its all over and with the 700 V force it seems like the engin brakeing would lock up the tiers on such hills. If there isent a clutch to pull in so the wheels will role free then it seems like you might get in to one of thoes sliding sideways situations. What do you all think?

Old 12-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

From what I have read...Kawasaki has disabled the EBCon the VForce 700. Conventional braking only. By the way...I agree...let's wait and see what it will do. I wouldlike to point out though...that everyone is thinking it is going to be a very heavy monstrous machine. Check out the weight of the Bombardier DS650 Baja... I think a few heads will turn when you see the 700 race in GNCC....imagine 700ccs of scoot and no need to shift to stay in the powerband. All the rider has to do is RIDE. Can't hardly wait.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Dont ge me wrong I think this thing will fly.I think it will do good on a dragstrip and in the sand dunes. But for where I ride it seems it would be as good as a lawn tractor on crack. I ride in the woods, tight trails, logging roads,well you get the idea. I think its a good open area machine and thats it ---it seems that you won't really have total control over it I mean you give it gas it goes and nothin else. you can't contol how it shifts you can't control where the cluch engages and you don't have engine braking. with a normal sport machine you control everything. Like I said I think the quad was a good idea but I would rather see a more convetional sport manual transmission. then I think it would be a great all around sport quad.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:56 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

There isn't "Engine Brakeing" other than normal compression. Kawasaki has gone to split brakeing (Unlike Polaris brake syetems with one lever controling it all), with 2 piston calipers in the front and their sealed disk setup in the rear.

1SickPred,

Your right, you won't have to worry about how the clutch engages, or the inconsistencies of the clutch. Imagine Not having to worry about weather or not you are in to low or to high of a gear to take that difficult hill. In actuallity, you will have absolute control. Here is how it works. You push on the thumb trottle, you go forward (How fast depends on you). You let off, apply the brakes (either front or back or both), and you come to a stop.

I ride a KFX400, and when I'm out playing in the sand, it will still be my Quad of choice. But when I go and ride the trails (Over 15 miles worth of every kind of terrain you can imagine) I will be riding the KFX700. All I will have to do is ride.

Quick Reply: MORE INFO ON THE KFX700!!!