Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BLACK TRIM PLASTIC ON 650s

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLACK TRIM PLASTIC ON 650s

Hayashi, you should consider a squealing belt to be a problem.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Carry plenty of nylon zip tyes . rubber /plastic/water dont work together great.

Old 01-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Range Rover

When I asked my dealer about belt life and choke related problems, he told me they have had none. He even told me they don't stock replacement belts. Buying an atv is getting to be like buying a used car, can't trust what the sales person tells you.
It's great to have a forum like this to get the real scoop.

Old 01-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

DAM DAM DAM LOL I guess I am forced to agree with nyroc on his statement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I will add, putting larger tires will increase the belt wear even if you do your very best to keep it adjusted. This is why I just sold the C-Series wheels and mounted the 589s on the Kodiak.

Old 01-10-2003, 10:40 AM
fru
Weekend Warrior

Fraid Kawi isn't going to help us much if ther is only ten of us with broken plastic. We gota get more replies than that.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Tell Kawasaki that it's not how many people that have a problem they should worry about, they should worry about how many people we tell. On this forum it's thousands!

Old 01-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

My black plastic cracked first week I got my P650 ('03). Dealer refused to cover under warranty. I have a Honda Rancher that has been ridden much harder and never had a piece of plastic break! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
As for the belt, that was out of deflection spec at 3 months/ 280 miles. Dealer refused to reshim under warranty, claiming it is normal wear. I complained directly to Kawasaki customer service and still no luck.

Other problem... Used the Kawasaki 6 months zero financing deal. Dealer charged me over $100 for the deal. I said how can you call it zero percent financing if you charge? Had to call Kawasaki to get dealer to refund the money. Even then, it took alot of persistence to get them to help me.

I like the P650 power, and handling, but have to admit that my Honda is much more reliable and trouble free. Given the lack of helpfulness from my Kawasaki dealer, and Kawasaki customer service, I highly doubt that I will ever buy another Kawasaki product.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I agree the black plastic is junk. All my black plastic trim is held on my zip ties now instead of the original bolts. Where 2 pieces of the black plastic meet up and also where it meets with the red plastic I had to drill holes and "stitch" the 2 together with zip ties. Theres more zip ties than bolts now LOL. I experinced my first problems with the black plastic trim the first time I ever rode my P650. I snagged a branched and the plastic popped right around the bolt and the bolt got lost and the plastic was hanging. If it were a tuffer plastic that wouldn't have happened. Anyway I agree that Kawasaki should do something about the and heres my complaint. Hopefully something gets resolved.

-lackdog

Old 01-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

I had my trim torn off so many times, and have stiched them, zip tied them, wire tied, And even tried to use a PVC plastic glue to hold them, (actually it melts the plastic together) .

Two days ago I just got plain tired of doing Kawi's testing.

Besides I needed some lame excuse for the wife to buy me a jig saw.

So I trimmed all the fenders! I think it look's a little meaner.

However this will ad to some of the things that are on my PRO/CON list. I know some of you might laugh, but my next decision will be very informed as I print every piece of info I can on every little mod that we all post.

Example,

Why wouldn't Kawi have put a 1 cent washer behind the pull starter to make the recoil easier?

My 2 cents

Old 02-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

Well c'mon where ya been people, thats a no brainer!!! Kawi's got a problem with breaking fender trim and they just simply have to admit there is a problem and find a better one. Then if they where a responsible company they would look after there customer's and warranty this kind of poor, defective workmanship. And you know I am concerned about the main plastic as well??? I have seen two or three of those cracked as well....whats the deal with that? You know I used to have a Yamaha (s) and boy o boy did they ever have tough plastic, good plastic. Maybe Kawi should give them a call???? Just a thought, anyways, I sure like this butt kickin animal of a machine. But, if they could only fix's there plastic then they would probably have a complete and total bike.

Quick Reply: BLACK TRIM PLASTIC ON 650s