Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Penland Series Big Gun

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penland Series Big Gun

All I know is when I installed the Penland Big Gun on mine it sounded pretty choppy like a Harley @ first till I turned up the idle. I know what Harleys sound like I work @ their R&D in Wauwatosa(Milwaukee), WI. I got on it and rode around a bit. It was louder that I expected![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like it. The main thing I think I did wrong from reading these forums was ordering the kit with dynojet and K&N. I will probably just send it back and buy a few Kehlin jets. I don't really know what comes with that kit yet though. In all it sounds awesome.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigMiks
All I know is when I installed the Penland Big Gun on mine it sounded pretty choppy like a Harley @ first till I turned up the idle. I know what Harleys sound like I work @ their R&D in Wauwatosa(Milwaukee), WI.
... Wasn't tryin to slam anyone, especially someone who works for "the corporation", but my Prairie dosen't sound like a HD. Just didn't want anyone to think that by putting on a Big Gun you were going to have that distinctive potato, potato, potato sound.

Old 02-27-2003, 04:54 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry Brian I didn't mean for the reply to be so defensive, I just meant that I think my idle was a waaaaay bit too low, making it have that "flop flop, flop flop, flop flop" basically I'm going to die sound. But like you said, in no way will installing this pipe make it a Harley. It's got a good tune though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I agree BigMik!! Think it sounds kick a$$!!

Old 02-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Now I'm anxious to get my PBG on so just to hear it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Good luck on the install, I think you'll like it when everything is all tuned up. Mine sputtered a wee bit @ first till I did a few adjustments. you'll see. Enjoy!

Old 08-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

This is probably old news but I have done some checking around and have found a Penland signature Big Gun slip on for 254.95 shipped and a full system for 339.95 shipped. If anyone is interested PM or email me for the website I found it at.

I also found a Pro Circuit full exhaust for 437.94 shipped. That website is different. Again PM or email me of interested.

Old 08-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

did you say yoshimura alltoys for a prairie

Old 08-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

They don't make one for the P650/700. They make one for the V700. I just went to their website and looked. They never did make one for the Prairie.

Old 08-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

You should look through the forums here and you will see that Big Gun does not stand behind their product!!!!!!!!!!! Mine after around 500 miles started to rattle apart,, after talking with the guys at big gun about it they wanted me to send it in and for a price they would fix it! I'm now looking for a better exhaust and a company that will stand behind their products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Penland Series Big Gun