Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

a REAL shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a REAL shootout

I had notice that someone else had put a post about the Jan. Dirtwheels issue with the Suzuki vs. Kawasaki. Are they hurting for new topics that bad. I think they should of called it Green vs. Yellow, Does the color really matter.

I believe a good shootout would be the Mojave vs. Lakota. They both are built on the same platform, but the Mojave has the 250 DOHC w/ four valves, a manual clutch and a kick start. While the Lakota has the 300 with the semi-auto trans and electric start.

First you have the issue of the manual vs. semi-auto, which I will give to the manual for not using as much horsepower. Second is the weight issue of does the added weight of the trans and the electric start use the extra power of the 300, or are the engines comparable in the first place. Is the 300 used on the Lakota to keep the cost down since there is more in the start and trans.

Here there is a $200 difference in the price. The Lakota is $3200, and the Mojave is $3400.

Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default a REAL shootout

Is there no opinions about this, here's mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Reasons (all objections are greatly appriciated)

I think the Mojave would take it, since it is lighter it would do better in the jumps. Also it doesn't require the bigger engine for the added features.

With having the manual transmission I feel the Mojave will have a better chance off the line, and having a good start is what it is all about.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default a REAL shootout

im a proud owner of both quads lokata (02) mojave(03)

well ill just like to say i love the mojave. its pretty agile. the speed is adaquete (sp) and i love the sound of the motor

the mojave just seems to have more pul through the gears. the lokata gives you smooth gear and speed. i would say the mojave would win in my standards. but dont get me wrong the lokata does have some power.