Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kimpex Trunk Box.....anyone have it?? Looks cool.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kimpex Trunk Box.....anyone have it?? Looks cool.

http://www.4atvtires.com./atvTires/s...=263&cat_id=29

Anyone have this box? Nyroc has told me his friend has/likes this box, but wanted a bit more feedback. Anyone install one on a p650? Looks like that pad would be comfortable to lean back against or if you had to take a passenger.. the only downside I see is that it opens from the back... Comments would be appreciated, thanks..

Old 01-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

I have the Kimpex box...I had the other one that I bought from Cabelas (MSR or something) but the Kimpex is WAY better. Opens from the rear which is definately better than the front, has large padded handles instead of that dumb rope crap, has LOCKABLE button to snap shut and stay shut. Seat is WAY more comfortable than the other. OVERALL...wouldn't look at anything else.

I went riding with some guys and one of them had it. I had my MSR from Cabelas for about a month. Sold it to a friend and bought the Kimpex. Wouldn't dream of going back. my .02 cents

Parker

Old 01-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

thanks parker. Can you email me some pics or tell me how you mounted it? Thanks!
dminoff@tampabay.rr.com

Old 01-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Range Rover

Lightman...

I don't have any pics on my PC right now but I will get them soon. I mounted the trunk by drilling holes in the bottom of the box and using four (4) 1 1/4" U bolts attached to the rear rack (the only way I know of doing it). Really easy and is very stable. I also have fender protectors (foot pegs) for the seat too that improve it's comfort for riding 100%.

The Kimpex rear box is A) Way better looking than the Motovan box, B) Way more comfortable (higher back seat with better back support, C) Way bettter handles, D) Locking compartments and E) More storage space. Highly recommend it...if your looking for a rear box/seat combo.

Good Luck...I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Parker

Old 01-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

thanks much. It does look like a good box. The only other box I was considering was the Kawasaki rear cargo box like nyroc has. Apparently it's big enough you can just drill thru and use the 4 holes that the stock rack cover is bolted down with. That was a pretty appealing/simple install.....for us less mechanically inclined folks =] Anyway sounds like the u-bolt route shouldn't be too tricky... Any pics you could take or dig up on the install, how the ubolts fit up or connect inside, would be great. I'm one of those guys that can bolt something up without a problem, just sometimes can't visualize what it looks like ahead of time...

Parker, do you definitely have the box above i posted a link to? Just making sure you dont have the one with the seat installed...

Old 01-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Range Rover

Sorry about that lightman...I have the one with the seat, however I'm sure that the quality is there if not better. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'll try to take some pics of how I installed it. Picture the ubolt around the rack bar with the threads pointing up. Mark the holes on the bottom of the box to line up with the ubolt threads and drill them out. The threads go up into the box and a washer/bracket (single bracket w/ 2 holes, one for each of the threaded stems of the ubolts) and the nuts get tightened from inside of the box. Bingo...do that for four of them, one front and back on the right and left side of the inside of the box, and it's done.

Good luck...

Parker

Old 01-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

thats how i was picturing it, don't the ubolts scratch or mess up the rack bars with all the tension on them? Do you put any sort of pad or provision to protect them from the ubolts or are you just like screw it the box is staying on permanently anyway...?

How is that seat for riding with passengers at slow speeds?

Old 04-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey what kind of Fender Protectors/Pegs did you get or a site that has them id appreciate that and so would my girlfreind thanks adam oneadam1223@hotmail.com

Old 04-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Oneadam1223, you can find the fender protectors/ footpegs at www.atvtires.com

By the way..... I used to love your tv show!

Old 04-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S:
I have the Kimpex box (trunk seat) on mine. It looks very good and is quite functional. The U-bolts have never come loose yet...even after a roll over! I have some pics of it in my signature photo album...just click away!.

rob

Quick Reply: Kimpex Trunk Box.....anyone have it?? Looks cool.