Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

rincon or prairie 650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon or prairie 650?

If IRS is so great then why do the full-size 4x4 trucks use a solid axle as their choice...... Hmmmm......

Old 01-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Ricon all I know is that our club has them all. For the price the Ricon is at the bottom of any list.The lone Ricon in the club says that it was the biggest mistake he has made yet. I rode the boat what a joke.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

You explain yourself with faulty logic ... Independent Suspension (IS) is not all you crack it up to be...its useless to try and make a point with someone that doesnt want to hear it...get your rincon, rincon. You deserve it.

DRG just ride them and you will see...like I mentioned in the first post...if you research you will see a boat load of information that shows the 650 v-twin outshines that honda in practically every catagory...and for some reason, if you are like rincon there and believe ALL of the trade magazines have a major conspiracy against honda and that is why they put the kawi at the head of the class...just ride them and you will see that they dont.

YOU ARE PAYING MORE FOR LESS...cant make it any simpler.

Old 01-23-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Dirt Wheels did a shootout in December with the Prairie, Grizzly and Rincon. Rincon lost (just like he's doing here). With it's all important extra ground clearance (yeah----okay) the Prairie still beat it in the mud. Rincon, don't come on here and tell us that the quad mag guys don't know what they are talking about. They ride them all, and they ride them all the time. If they don't know which one is best, who does?? Get your head out of Hondaland (or your a$$) and wake up. Oh----and by the way, in the drags that they had, the Kawie kicked the Rincons butt hardcore, had the best brakes, the best engine braking, the most torque, the least vibration, and the best power. Come to think of it, I don't think the Rincon won anything. But enough of this preaching.

DRG, seriously, go ride them both. It's the only true measure of which one you will prefer.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

Rincon...

Take your skirt off and get off the IRS trip. The 650 will walk all over the Rincon...I personally can't believe that Honda invested all this money and design time into a quad that doesn't even compare. No Low Gear? Where do they plan on riding, plowed dirt roads? Three speed transmission? Where is the advantage? No locker?

One thing is guaranteed...lets meet up and go riding, I'll take you on some off-camber hills that would prove your theory. My request is that you let me go first (actually you won't have a choice...I'll be waiting for you at the top), so that I can turn around and take pictures of you and the scared-sh*tless look you'll have when your Rincon magically doesn't feel so stable anymore and you have to stop and back it down.

It is definately a smooth ride...but if that is what you want...buy a Mercedes and cruise the streets around your house.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

If IRS is so great then why do the full-size 4x4 trucks use a solid axle as their choice...... Hmmmm..
How many of them go off-road? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

IRS does feel tippy at first, to the unexperienced, but get used to it and it feels a lot better. You can't try to tell me that IRS isn't smoother. And if it's not the big ticket than why do all the manufacturers use it on their biggest quads? Except kawai (and suzuki, but it aint as big as these) sp's, rincon, grizz, 500i.............................................. ......... It must be good!

For the mag's telling the true story, HA don't even try to bull plop me with that!

Old 01-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

How many of them go off-road? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Can we say J--E--E--P!!!!!!!! Look at all the rock crawling they do. Solid Axle Front AND Back!

Know one ever said the IRS wasn't smoother rememeber, Ride a lazyboy, or a couch. They just don't have any thing else to bring to the game but that. SORRY 1 win for the Rincon and 5 wins for the Prairie. Lets see, the Rincon still looses to the MIGHTY PRAIRIE 650!!!!

Old 01-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Lets see, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, can you say H-U-M-M-E-R?? Man those things suck i guess, they use IRS!!

And the rincon only loses to the p650 in one, mabey 2 areas. Don't get all bent out of shape because there's a new king of the class!

Realy i'm just joking, but seriously in rough terrain i think the Rincon wouls suit his needs better. Go to the honda forum and see what DRG is saying! I think he's left this forum all together, and he's leaning towards the rincon. You will also notice that over there they tell it as it is. They give the pro's and con's on both, not just the strong points on the one they have, and the weak point of the competition!

Old 01-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

I've gotta say that the "kawi" forum is the place for the most articulate discussions around....

Old 01-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

First of all, DRG says he hasn't even ridden a Prairie yet......he just doesn't know what he's missing.

Second, he is asking pro's and con's from the Rincon ****'s....they are just mad they spent more for a three wheel drive, 16 horsepower, tippy as heck, lazyboy recliner.

I also take offense to you calling me inexperienced there Rincon...... I said IRS is tippy, you say tippy to the unexperienced..... Why don't you buy a big boy four wheeler (not a kodiak) and then maybe in time, you can TELL ME what is what.

Oh, the new hummer is a suburban frame.....it is nothing like the old one or the military style.

I apologize to the members of the Kawi forum....I feel like I am flaming it up a little here, but I am not happy with the antics....sorry

Quick Reply: rincon or prairie 650?