Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

rincon or prairie 650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 01:45 PM
DRG
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon or prairie 650?

trying to pick between honda rincon with no diff lock and kawi 650 with no indepenent rear will be riding in rough country along the mississippi looking for help i hate the way the polaris feels to much vibration from the parallel twins the grizzly 660 was to sloppy a ride for my taste thanks dan

Old 01-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

It really all depends on the ride you like. If you like a sporty ride, the p650 is the absolute best on the market in it's class. If you would be willing to give up front diff, speed, power, off camber comfort, and other benefits just to have a soft ride, then you should probably go with an IRS atv. For my style of riding, I love my p650. I happen to enjoy the sportier ride. My buddy's sp500 in comfortable on the bumps but sure is scarry on off camber and that is one of the places that the 650 shines.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

The rincon has the best ride, period! The power difference between the rincon and the p650 isn't that noticeable, unless you're in a drag race, even then they're close. You said you'd be in rough country, so i'd get the rincon, it is very plush.

The p650 has very low GC in comparison to the others in it's class, not only because of the straight axel but the frame rails, footpegs are low to the ground. I'd get the rincon, and i also think that it would suit your needs better than the p650.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you want to ride a couch get a Rincon if you want a sport bike in utility plastic get the Prairie. As for me it is Prairie all the way no question.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

The Rincon only has 16 rwhp!!!!!!

Not quite enough grunt for ANY utility purposes!

And yes, the 650 has *****!!!!

For $300, you can get the 650 up to and possibly over 76mph! (look at NYROC's post.....uh oh, did I see 94 mph?????LOL)

Old 01-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yes people the p650 is fast, but he's riding in ROUGH country, therefor i think the rincon would be a better choice. Try to go 76mph on a rough trail. A little common sense here, that's all!

Old 01-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Rincon, Give it a rest. go ride your kodiak.

My advice... Ride both. figure out which fits your style of riding.

I ride rough terrain and I ride hard. The P650 suits my needs perfectly.

If I were choosing between the two.... I'd go with the prairie. hands down.

Old 01-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

I thought rincon didn't have low range, and doesn't have a variable drive system,it doesn't have four vales per cylinder, let alone 2 cylinders, it does have independent rear suspension, witch I would expect to ride smoother. but power sacrifices that were made for the sake of the ride are many,and there will quite the expence to modifing it make perform better than P650 if you want it to. I would expect that their are lots of grandparents waiting to buy this big block.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

A buddy of mine just bought a new Rincon. He wanted to ride my P650 for comparison reasons (over some pretty rough terrain), so I obliged him. I couldn't get him off of my P650! He admitted to making a mistake. I did like to plush ride of the Rincon, but really felt top heavy in turns, and it just didn't have the ***** of the P650. I could not believe the difference. (Admittedy, his Rincon was bone stock while my Kaw has the listed mods which make a big difference.) Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Range Rover

This is one that puzzles me...

- Look at the price...correct me if I am wrong...ricon a bit more expensive...if i remember right their 500 (rincon i believe) is more expensive then the praire or the same price
- Look at performance...prairie out performs it in every arena (pulling, climbing, off-camber, trails, sport, or utility)...and inch ground clearance is practically negated pending on the size of the rider on an independent machine...in ROUGH stuff and off-camber the prairie is a more stable crawler because of design and low center of gravity (not ground clearance)...gas tank lower and in back allows for a better distribution of weight giving it a more stablility CLIMBING and off-camber crawling. Remark above that the ricon is better in the rough stuff is so far off I cant imagine why anyone would make it
- the honda doesnt have a locker or low...dont know how it could do better in snow or mud

So you have a softier ride on the honda...yea the independent helps, along with the fact the performance doesnt encourage you to ride it like the kawi...now, my information can be substantiated in almost any trade (quad) magazine, most forums except honda, and practically anyone who has really gone out and ridden them and willing to give an objective opinion.

Dash's advice is sound...go ride them both...you dont really have a decision to make...why pay more and get less

Quick Reply: rincon or prairie 650?