Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

question on black spring

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on black spring

Bear Claws(26") are a great all around tire. Check out a picture of my machine in My Page. Now I need to get around to installing the 'Magic Black Spring'!

Old 02-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

Nyroc & Trx450: I have the 25 inch Bear Claws on my P650 and was thinking of putting the ATR's on C Series rims for riding this summer at high speeds on hard pack. I want a tire that handles well in the corners, allowing the back end to slide around and the front tire maintaining profile and not rolling under in a high speed turn. Have you guys rode with anyone who rides hard and has the ATR's? Any suggestions?

Old 02-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info on the black spring.as for the mudlites they peform great.I weighed them and the bear claws and the mud lites were lighter.I also have a honda 450 with bear claws on it and the mudlites ride alot better. cant remember the exact weight.

Old 02-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

trx 450 when ever you plan on riding the hatfield mccoy trail e-mail me and ill go with you. there is alot of good riding down other than the hm trails

Old 02-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

WV bartman:
I know you asked nyroc or trx450 for there opinions but i thought i would just give you mine. For hard pack rideing and sharp hard turns while spinning the A$$ end around you found the right tire!! I just love my 25 in. atr's when you turn and burn the front tires dont push they dig in and rip it up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Needless to say i don't do it to often cuz i don't want to tear up mother earth, but i don't think you will be dissapointed with atr's.

They also stick out farther than stock tires to protect your wheels against rock dings. When i get some extra $$$$$ Im gonna get me a set of itp c series wheels with my atr's on them and 25 in bear claws will be goin on my stock rims.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hope this helps you make up your mind... You won't be sorry!!!

Old 02-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

I am looking for width, and the front mudlites are 10 inches wide. My 26x9-12 mudrunners are 8" wide.

My rear mudrunners are great in mud and snow since they are super wide, but the fronts are too narrow and dig down. I am probably going to mix the mudlite on the front and the mudrunner on the back since I already have mudrunners. I may donate the front mudrunners to my brother, or try to sell them. Dang it, they are hardly used.

I also need to get wider mudzillas since I have 28x8-12 fronts and they dig down too much. I will get 28-12x12 for the rear, and put my existing 28x10-12 in front.

Old 02-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc I was worried about how wide the front Lites were ( I was concerned that they were to wide ) but in the snow wide fronts are the only way to go the Mudlites are great snow tires front or rear. I am allways pulling the sleds out .

Old 02-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

Stock tires on front and Dirt Devils on rear (25") Work great in snow, dirt, mud, sand. Didn't want the bigger tires due to power loss. 650P I ride with black spring, K&N filter, Nyroc's exhaust mod. Works really good.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

Bartman--- I haven't seen the ATR's in person. All the revues(I have seen) are positive. I will most likely buy a set come spring, if the wallet isn't TOO flat from the tax man! The "Claws" might be a cheap alternative, untill I can get the "real" tires. ALSO-- I am hoping that they will offer more of a size range. Anyone heard about possible BIGGER ATR sizes??????? I would like 26", myself.
BTW-- The Spiders that I run up frt. took care of 80% of that "P-650 PUSH". I ride pretty hard, and haven't put the Progressive stuff on yet.
nyroc--- I am wanting to figure out just how much(or how little) plastic to remove to do a valve adjust. Did you say that I should only have to remove the center plastic? NOT any other body plastic, right?

Old 02-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

I only removed the middle plastic and airbox.

I had to adjust two valves on the rear cyl, but if I had to adjust the exhaust on the front cyl it would have been much harder to get to, and removing the front plastic would have been in order.

I got a gage set that is go, no-go on each feeler. It had feelers that were the exact thickness I needed for instak and exhaust. My valves were all right on the money except for two and they werent far off.

Quick Reply: question on black spring