Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

TECATES RULE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECATES RULE!

What's up? I'm new to this board and wanted to rally the troops. Where are all the Tecate riders at? I was thinking about putting together a page similar to Cannondaleriders.com or EXriders.com, but for Tecateriders.com. Oh well it's just an idea. If it sucks then I guess we can filter through this message board. Are there any Tecate message boards that I am missing out on?

Peace

ryan

Old 02-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default TECATES RULE!

too late I sold mine awhile a few weeks ago, a couple other guys sold theres too, although they are the fastest production 250 class quad ever

Old 02-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default TECATES RULE!

You just bought a sick *** quad....but nobody else has them...I loved riding my budies Tecate,

Old 02-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default TECATES RULE!

dubtecate there is a forum out there that has a tecate board on it for us lonely few tecate riders but there is only a few people on the forum that own them. i think it would be a cool idea though to make a site just for us

Old 02-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default TECATES RULE!

I've had my Tecate for about a year. It's restored and in nearly mint condition, but it's no garage-queen. I am making a Homepage and hope to have some pics up soon. For now you can go to the link My Tecate Pics at the bottom. Beasty I will continue to look into getting a Tecateriders.com page up and it will not be exclusive to 4wheelers. I want the trikes too. I just need to get good at creating web pages.

Peace
ryan

Old 02-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default TECATES RULE!

Dude, I'd be willing to contribute to the page. Unfortunately right now the only pics that I can supply you with would be a stack of tires, a pile of white plastic and a sandblasted frame. I'm slowly getting her restored but it's taking longer then expected. I'm sure that I still have a few months to go. My funds ran low after I put more into the engine then originally planned. But I'm sure that it'll be a screamer when it's back together. It'd be nice to have somewhere were we could list our spare parts so that we could possibly help each other out. Certain parts are pretty tough to find unless you want to pay a crazy inflated price.

Old 02-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default TECATES RULE!

Hollywood, what color are you gonna do the frame? PC or paint?

Old 02-12-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default TECATES RULE!

dubtecate, talk to killerkx327 he is in love with tecates, he had a 500 and a bunch other of them he will probably be interested in this

Old 02-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default TECATES RULE!

Alba, Good call on that one. I will definitely be checking killerkx327's interest in this area. It'll be good for his business. I got my tail light from him a while back, great person to deal with. Down the road I might look into that 265 kit from him.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default TECATES RULE!

John is rebuilding my engine right now. I can't wait to get it back. I had him do more then I originally planned but I guarantee the thing is going to rip! Can't wait....

The frame is getting painted Kawi green and I have white plastics. Then the blue seat/side panels and other accents. I had to fit the Kawi green in there somewhere and as long as the frame needed painting anyway I figured what the heck? The only reason that I decided to go with paint is because my buddy is a ex-auto painter and will do it as a favor. I'm just hunting around for a few more parts while the bike is in pieces so that I can put it all together once the frame/engine are done. I'm also polishing a few things like the swingarm, bumpers and silencer.

I bought it in very rough condition so I've never actually ridden the thing. The first night that it was in my garage I had it torn apart and found more and more damage. It got to the point where I had to ask whether it was worth trying to save or just parting out. I decided to save it, mainly because I've read some killer things about them and I love to fix things up. However, I could have bought a much newer quad by now and I'm not done buying parts. At least when I'm done it'll pretty much be a new quad!

Quick Reply: TECATES RULE!