Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota Owners

I just got a Supertrapp with the race core. I really wanted the quite core. But only paid $127.00 of ebay so can't complain about getting the race core. What I want to know is how many dics do I put in to get more power but not be so loud my neighbors hate me.
Thanks,
Lisa

Old 02-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

Hi Lisa,

I'm assuming you still have the stock jetting and air filter. I would say keep it down to six disc. Be some what cautious, you probably will run a bit lean with the added air flow and quite cool temps your way.

Kawi offers optional #142 and #144 main jets for $4.50 a piece. I would suggest you get the #144 to stay safe. I'm taking in consideration that your nephew is still running around on it to.

Only run a minimum six disc. The more disc the more it pushes the power up the rpm range, the less the more bottom end and quieter it is.

I believe during trail riding you will find that race core way to loud. You might want to consider contacting supertrapp and getting a quiet core, it's very tollerable.

Old 02-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

OK people, need some help! I've installed the Supertrapp IDS2 full quiet exhaust onto my 2000 Lakota. I've left the stock main jet in it so far. The problem I am having is that it only wants to run if I've got the choke on all the way. As soon as I turn the choke off it idles way low and dies. When I try to adjust the idle screw it doesn't respond. The idles screw moves in and out, but the idle speed doesn't vary. Will rejetting to a 138 take car of this problem?

Please help, as I have a trip planned for next week! Just got it back from the dealer after they cleaned the carb and don't want to spend another chunk of money for them to fix it.

Old 02-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lakota Owners

hey gaff where did you buy that clutch kit from?

Old 02-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

Originally posted by: KFXRida
OK people, need some help! I've installed the Supertrapp IDS2 full quiet exhaust onto my 2000 Lakota. I've left the stock main jet in it so far. The problem I am having is that it only wants to run if I've got the choke on all the way. As soon as I turn the choke off it idles way low and dies. When I try to adjust the idle screw it doesn't respond. The idles screw moves in and out, but the idle speed doesn't vary. Will rejetting to a 138 take car of this problem?

Please help, as I have a trip planned for next week! Just got it back from the dealer after they cleaned the carb and don't want to spend another chunk of money for them to fix it.
I fixed it people! When I had backed the idle screw all the way out it came out of it's guide. Then when I screwed it back in, it was just wandering in the area and wasn't moving the throttle body to increase the idle.

Old 02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Range Rover
Default Lakota Owners

What's up Guys:

Been awhile since I was on the forums. My Lakota is dead as we speak, and I need to try to bring it back to life. The crank cases cracked where the oil plug goes, so now it wont hold any oil, long story!

I called my dealer and you have to buy the cases together, they cost $531.00 and labor is roughly $600.00. I also called a couple of discount parts places and they charge $460.00, and $473.00. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me where I could get them a little cheaper, somewhere like a salvage yard or something like that.

The Kota has been sitting to long I need to get out and ride that baby.
Hope you guys can help me out thanks!

Old 02-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

Has anybody seen the 03 Lakota's with the new stickers. Kind of carbon fiber with white lettering,and Lakota Sport in Yellow. It's cool! Check it out on the Kawasaki web page under 03 Lakota.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

GAFF
I was woundering if what u said about the more disc u add the more it pushes teh power up the rang is ture for outher pipes? Such as teh WB S-Bend and teh FMF megaMaxII?? and it makes it quiter whe there is no discs??

Old 02-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

Antix,

A buddy of mine is a dealer for K&G Factory clutches. I had thier number but lost it. I'll call my buddy today and get K&G's number for ya, see if you have a local dealer or can get it rite from them. If all else fails my buddy charges me $37 for the hole kit I'll get one and send it to you. I've had to do that for a few forum guys already.

Hossman,

Do a search for ATV Salvage. Thier is a ATV salvage yard in Kentucky that sells Lakota Engines complete for $900, maybe he will sell the cases for cheaper.

Mojave kid,

Yes, the same theory behind the disc aplies to all pipe makers disc systems. And it's the less disc you use the quieter it is.

Old 02-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

So If i ran my s-bend with like say 4 disc instead of day 12 liek iam running now it would put it to the bottom end!

Quick Reply: Lakota Owners