Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota Owners

Did anyone see the new 03 Lakota Sport? I like what they did with the stickers. It looks preety cool!

Old 02-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

What size main jet did you install. I'm getting the Supertrapp IDS 2 exhaust and replacing the stock filter with a foam Uni-Filter. Should give me better airflow.

Also, how much difference in acceleration did you notice going to the 13 tooth front sprocket?

Old 02-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

I have a 138 jetting,and everything seems to be working good. Its made a big difference in performance with the mods I've done. The sprocket was the best $7.00 I ever spent. I noticed a increase in the mid to top range,but just a hair of a decrease in the low end. The pipe and the air filter help out for the loss of low end. I got the pipe,air filter, jet kit,and sprocket out of Rocky Mountain for about $300. The performance you get for $300 is well worth it. It's a totally different machine. Good luck with everything![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

Hey Kawrider, when installing the Supertrapp IDS2, how many discs did you use for setting the main jet? Do you need to change the main jet if you change the number of discs?

Old 02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

On the quiet series IDS2 pipe, there is no difference between 8 disc or no disc. On the race series there is a big difference. You should run between 8 and 12 disc, no jetting difference on the quiet series.

Kawrida,
Try the 134 main from dynojet. It will pick up the bottom to mid transition a little better, I bet you will like it.

Old 02-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

What is the web site for rocky mountain atv Ive tried seching for it and can never find it.

Thank you

Old 02-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Old 02-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

Gaff,your right I started out with a 138 and it was giving me problems. About a month ago I switched to 134,and Its running solid. 138 made it backfire and stall alot! I seen on your earlier post that it dosen't matter how many disc's you use,but would it be better for no disc's or 6. When I bought it I just put the 6 they gave me in,so I've never had them out. Does the sound change much? What do you have to do to change it to a racing series?

Old 02-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lakota Owners

Gaff,does having the heads ported and polished make a big difference? Also when you do this do you need the 330 kit? I've been wanting to check out the 330 kit,but everytime I do a search for bore kits I can never find one for the Lakota. Can you help me out?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lakota Owners

Normally you get twelve disc with the IDS2. But they do sell optional packs of disc that come in sets of six, wonder if they accidently gave you the optional pack instead of the pack that comes with it....hmmm.

I would just run with no disc instead of six. after you get up to eight there is no difference between none and eight. It may get just a bit louder but not much. The quiet series is very nice and smooth as far as loudness goes.

To convert one from quiet to race isn't all that easy. You have to cut a pipe out of the baffle. I think it would be easier to order the race baffle from Super trap for about $45 than go threw all that. I did it, but I was lucky to have everything needed to do it.

The race series offers no more performance than the quiet series enless you have done internall motor mods.

www.fourstroketech.com is the only one who offers big bore kits and high compression pistons for the lakota. The 330 kit cost $285 and high compression pistons at any bore are $165. Mickey has excellent products.

I did the kit to early in my mod experience to take full advantage of the kit. Alot of things need to come with it that end up costing a bunch.

My first suggestions would be this. Get rid of the air box and get a uni clamp on filter ($15). Then flip your front wheels around. This takes a set of valve stems and a bit of work. Then up grade that clutch with a K&G factory clutch kit with heavier clutch springs ($40).

This is about as far as you can go without getting tires. The clutch and tires seems to add the most HP and handling to this point. Between the clutch slipping and the stock jelly tires your loosing a bunch of power to the ground.

After all this there is a bunch that helps handling and power, but untill you get this far it's not needed.

I personnally use a mojave 34mm carb with my bore kit but never got the cams to work the way I wanted them to so I still run the stock cam. I have figured out how to run a set up with my web cam but just never have time to change things around.

A steering stabilizer is a awsome mod. Gets all that arm pump and fatige problems under control very well.

Quick Reply: Lakota Owners