Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advertising

i dont want to start any trouble, but shouldn't the problem have been addressed at an early state? shouldn't the admins have told other people on the fourm about it? i can see the fourms point of view about it, but if this has been going on for a year nobody said anything to anyone eles. i can see 2 people at fault, the admins for not addressing the problem and not telling the others on the forum. You can't let the problem persist and than all of a sudden lay down the law and expect the people to all of a sudden to obey. the other is the advertiser for not listening to the rules. It's just my opinion what do you think about it? PS i think other admins have posted on the kawie forum and not said anything.

Old 02-13-2003, 08:37 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Advertising

Sorry,

I don't have a clue what your talking about!

As a moderator I go by the rules on the FAQ page.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Advertising

The forum rules have been sent to all new members and posted here in the forums for the last 6 years. The rules should not be news to anyone and in fact I've addressed this same topic with members countless times over the years. Do some searches and you'll find my posts.

On average we contact about 6 - 10 dealers a week reminding them of the no advertising policy. Most dealers understand and many of them become advertisers with us. The rest enjoy talking about ATVing and avoid advertising because they understand that like all magazines we make our money off of advertising.

A few dealers have over the years refused to respect the rules and have been removed from the forums.

However, you're right in that in this instance the moderators should have caught it before it became a larger problem. Also, the "notify moderator" link is there so members like yourself can help us to police the forums.

The business in question was given the choice of getting a new nickname and participating anonymously just like any forum member or they could choose to take the high road and become a legitimate advertiser in the forums and keep their existing nickname.

The irony is they didn't care to be a participant here under a new nickname if that meant they couldn't advertise their business for free. Makes it pretty clear why they were a member here.

I'm done discussing this topic and I'm locking this thread. Any new posts on the topic will be removed. Hope I cleared up the last of the questions.