Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

finally. my epi red spring has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally. my epi red spring has arrived

well i finally got my red secondary spring from epi now i just have to install it, but that wont be untill sunday my new mudlites are supposed to arrive friday i hope the ups man has no delays if i get the tires friday i will put them on sunday to i have a question about the spring the red spring i got today is awful big it measured at 5-11/16" the manual says the spring for the driven pulley measures in at 2.96" is the size difference gonna hurt any thing how much bigger was the black spring yall got or was it the same size any help will be appreciated also has anyone changed both springs or just the secondary driven pulley spring i cant wait to get it on along with my new mudlites

Old 02-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered the Black Secondary and Red Primary spring on Tuesday and my 26" Mudlites on C-Series wheels today. I share in your anticipation!! Hopefully we'll be able to compare notes in another week or so.

SgtRock

Old 02-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Im going with the Mudlites also. I elected to go with the 25" size though. I wont be mudding the P650 at all, I also wanted to keep the unsprung weight to a minimum for drag racing the souped up 300ex and 400ex I will incounter this summer. Hopefully I can buy a brand new unmounted set for $150 by the end of the month.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

billdozer

I was wondering the same thing on the red spring. It is way bigger then the black spring I put in my 650.

I’m not sure if I will put the red spring in the 360. The 360 seems to run a lot of rpm’s stock. I would like to find heavier weights for the primary clutch and see if that helps.

Tim

Old 02-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i got my 26"itp mudlites today and i must say they look great i cant wait to put them on to bad i have to work tomorrow i reckon i have to wait till monday to pay someone to change them for me i will be installing the new spring sunday after work it looks real big though if someone could help with the size difference i wrote about i would appreciate it

Old 02-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

hey kissofdeath, let me now how the 25" mudlites perform ive been thinkin about them and might get them by hunting season. im putting more thought into them becuase i got stuck out in a middle of a field today, took me 4 hours to finally get it out. thanks

Old 02-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I will nighryder. The 25" Mudlites are lighter than the ITP ATRs and the Maxxis All-Trax. Those were the other tires I was thinking about. Mudlites are cheaper too, and 6ply. It just has to much over the other tires to pass on.

Old 02-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Kiss the Lights flat kick but in the snow (I wont know about mud until spring) But dont knock the ATR,s on hard pack they smoke the lites . I have both Lites and ATR,s I tryed to finde one tire to do it all (pipe dream at best)no luck so I started looking into combos (two full sets to do it all)this works for me I have ben running the lites all winter and will switch to the ATR,s in the summer . I keep both sets mounted so I am ready for anything anytime.

Old 02-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider

Chaos, where did you buy your ATR's at? What price? Can you get good wheelies with your ATR's without much effort? Are they "that" much better than the Mudlites on the trail? Everywhere I checked the ATR's were so expensive.

Thanks
Tim

Old 02-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Billdozer or Kiss of Death, I have seen all of the writeups about the black spring swap and understand the benifits but what is the red spring going to do for you? Where or what changes are you getting from a change to the red spring? Your talking about changing both your drive and driven springs correct?

Quick Reply: finally. my epi red spring has arrived