Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

installed my red spring today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed my red spring today

i finally got some time to install my epi red spring today it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be it didnt take that long making the spring compresser took the longest well after i put it back together i gave it a test drive before the red spring my belt would make a noise in high but not now it definitely made a difference in high it wasnt as fast as it was b4 but im not worried about speed it felt like it had more tourqe and more pulling power it felt like i could climb any hill in high now and low felt even stronger i only rode it for 5 minutes just to make sure it worked im getting my mudlites put on in the morning i cant wait the spring will help turn those 26ers in all this mud we have around here

later

billdozer

Old 02-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

How much top end did it nock off?? I have the black spring right now & am thinking of trying the red in the secondary instead.. I noticed an increase in throttle response & better low end grunt in high as well.

Old 02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

well as i just posted i had my 26"mudlites put on today and i love them when i tested out the tires i was also able to get a better feel of the new spring today i was wrong in saying it decreased in speed i think it is a little faster i know it raised the rpms in high and low gears it goes alot faster down hills instead of trying to slow down itself it also takes a few seconds longer to get the rpms down when trying to stop but the tourque is higher in both gears how does the black spring feel what changes can you notice i might buy one just to have both well im going riding again c-yall later

Old 02-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Mine will still run 60mph with the black and red springs in. Oh, and with a worn out belt, too.

Old 02-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

My top speed dropped only 2 mph with the red/black spring combo, 64 mph is still fast enough....

Old 02-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I installed the Red spring in my primary clutch today, & I already took it out.. DONT GET IT... If you want to know what it feels like, go rev a car up to about 3000 rpm & then pop the clutch, I dont like it a bit..

Billdozer, is your engine braking still solid with the red secondary spring?? The black spring has worked well for me, there was a nice increase in the feel throughout the powerband (until you hit say 40mph) then it kind of wacks out.. I am going to try & find more info out from kawi on the Gray primary spring, I think it might be a good option for your high end on the 360.. One of my local dealers said the high altitude clutch kit (wich includes gray spring & lighter weights) makes a big difference on the top end, infact he claimed the 360 will stay right with the Eiger at high speeds with this kit...