Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

26" bearclaw measurements, I got ahold of Kenda!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26" bearclaw measurements, I got ahold of Kenda!!

Here's an update on the Kenda issue. They suck at customer service. I just sent a nasty email to them and copied the main email as well as Dan, the guy I was speaking with. I'll call them as well and complain. I really like the tire and was just curious before but know they are p*ssing me off.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Whereisthemud
You put in a great effort, but the dont give a fat rats backside about customer service. They do have your money but not your respect. The only way to combat this crap is not to buy their products. Dont forget to tell your friends or anyone who will listen. This is the type of thing that can cause damage to drive trains and they dont care, its not their problem today , its yours.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

Man, I am right with you this is my last bear claw set too. Athough I think they are a great tire design, the manufacting quality ought to be better. Especially since they cost more than Truck tires do for my jeep cherokee.

My bike wobbles at speeds above 35, me and a buddy checked the tow on them and they were ok best we could figure.

It turns out than one of my rear tires is more than 1/4 taller than the other one. with the same exact air pressure. How's that for quality.

We deserve better, it looks like discripencies like this could cause accidents or do damage to the drive train components.

kenda sucks as far as I am concerned. We deserve better for our money. But I got 400+ miles on the tires so I am kinda stuck with them.

I am gonna get 4 26 x 10 x12 mudlights the next time, after I throughly research their quality and find out about the accuracy of their dimensions.

Old 05-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

You aren't measuring the standing height, are you? Measure tire dia off the quad, or at least measure the tire diameter from the 3:00 to 9:00 position.

My 26" bearclaws really are 26" (approx) diameter, but with a quad on them they are a lot shorter.

Sorry I had to ask, I coulnd't find where anyone else asked this.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Nyroc's right - the only true measurement can be taken from 3:00 to 9:00. If you measure from the ground to the top of the tire you have a false measurement. I measured a new 25-12x12 Bearclaw on a stock Polaris Sportsman rim a couple of weeks ago - 25 1/2 inches with 5lbs of pressure.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

No, I haven't measured them off the rim. I will do that and post results. However, that does not in any way help the fact that their customer service blows. They still aren't getting back to me on the issue and should.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

The measurement I refered to is with the tire on the rim - just not using the ground as a measuring start point.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Here is what I got from Kenda.

Before he sent them my rim size.
I bet your enjoying these questions. The first thing you always need to ask and make them understand is the what width rim is these tires mounted on? More then likely they have too wide of rim which will lower the OD. Also no tires being ITP, Maxxis, Cheng Shin, etc., will be true to size. Good luck.
After he sent them my rim size.
According to our Taiwan specs these should measure out around 25.2" Don't know what to say. Good luck!
So, as you can see my tires are the correct size for those tires at 7 psi (max inflation). Who runs them at 7psi??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, I got my response so it's over. I'm still not impressed with their customer support considering I sent them the first email on 3/1/03 and just now got my answers after having to send a nasty gram.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry for being a butt, but your first post reeks of measureing the tire height from the ground to the top of the tire. You can't do that. The facts in your first post allude to your wheels being mounted on the 650 with the weight of the 650 on the tires.

That measurement is called standing height, and that is not a correct tire dia measurement. You have to measure from 3 o-clock to 9 o-clock or you are wasting everybody's time (or take wheel off).

If I am wrong, go ahead and jump down my throat - I am tough and I can take it. However, since you didn't answer my question and Novakaw's question yet, I seriously think you measured the standing height. Be easy on me, I won't be near this bold in the morning.

If you measured the standing height, no biggy, most of us have done sillier things than that. Just admit it. Only big guys can admit their mistakes.

If you measured 3 o-clock to 9 o-clock, I will admit I was wrong and I will be mad at kenda with you.

You are right that kenda's customer support sucks. I still haven't received a reply from them. However, I like the bearclaws. I think my brother's 26" bearclaws are slightly taller than what kenda said (25.2") since they are on 7" wide rims.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Range Rover

The sad thing is I like bearclaws too. I like their design, I just wished their tire sizes were correct and that their manufacturing tolerances were better. most of my friends have the claws as well. They are great tires durability wise, and can take a beating.

When I discovered my tires were close to a quater inch different in height I had them laying on the garage's concrete floor with their backs to the floor I think we measured the 12 6 clock postions but its hard to remember its been about a month ago.

One of mine 25" is just under 24.5 and the other just under 24.75. (notice neither is close to 25") Maybe I did not measure them correctly this could be true but for them to be off this much they have to be differerent sizes, and besides neither of them is 25" anyway.

I wish someone would measure their mud lights I would like to know if they are more honestly sized.

Quick Reply: 26" bearclaw measurements, I got ahold of Kenda!!