Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

belt STILL squeeling on takeoff!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt STILL squeeling on takeoff!!!!!!!!!!

took the wheeler to the dealership to have the black spring installed and for the belt squeeling. the mechanic told me that even after he put a new belt on and installed the spring the belt still squeels on takeoff.He told me that he contacted kawasaki about it and they told him to have me go ahead and ride it and if it still does it after a while for me to go ahead and contact them personally. does this sound right? if it is right, at least if there are bad grooves in the pulleys then kawasaki should already be aware of the problem. does anybody have any ideas why it is still squeeling? the mechanic told me that its tight. he put a new belt on and installed the spring for free. the only thing he charged me for was to servce it. (change all of the oils) i figured i would go ahead and have them do that since it was in there anyway.i dont know what the heck to think.

Old 03-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

another thing, should i still keep it low gear as much as possible even with the black spring?

Old 03-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

also new belts stretch early... even with the black spring I would think adjustments would be required. I think the black spring mainly prolongs the life a belt... and yes I feel that low range even with the black spring is good, however I have a protype clutch and I have not used low range with it yet and it's going fine.

Old 03-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

the belt still squeels on takeoff even with a brand new belt though. they told me that its tightened to specs. its got me. a brand new belt thats not loose shouldnt squeel you'd think. got a chance to meet a game warden today also. (he caught us riding on gravel roads) he was pretty much an a$$ but just took down our names and told us to ride safe and go home. the place we were going to ride at was closed today because the ground is too soft and they didnt want the ground all rutted up.

Old 03-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Rammy, tell your dealer that tightened to spec is not enough, It must be tightened to the LOWEST end of spec, meaning the tightest deflection in the service manual, A Kaw tech advisor told me this over the phone and the dealer's were informed and should know this buy now, if it squels pulling out, it is still too loose, I have no shims in my driven clutch at all and had to do this to get it to the tightest spec and it does not chirp when taking off..........

Old 03-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

hey kawi650 did kawasaki give you that prototype clutch and if so when can we get it and how much will it cost

Old 03-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

It came from kawi canada. I don't know when and how much for a shelf price.... to me it's worth the price of the quad.

Old 03-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Rammy, a new belt will squeel, if put on backwards. Was yours mistakenly put on wrong.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Just take out the adjustment shim,the deflection will be under factory spec,but the belt wont slip.The belt will squeal a little at idle(if you leave it in gear)but during riding conditions it works very well

Old 03-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Range Rover

650 mountain I just had my black spring kit put in and went for my first ride on sun. seemed to hook up good no slippage that I could tell,but I got a little belt sqeal at idle in gear high low or reverse but put it net. and it would stop or give it some gas to where the trans engages and I don't get it. I was wondering if this should be adjusted and also got on a stretch and only got 53mph on my speedo.

Quick Reply: belt STILL squeeling on takeoff!!!!!!!!!!