Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

which tires for p650

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which tires for p650

i finally punctured those shi_ dunflops on my p-650. now i have my excuse. i ride alot of rocky trails with some mud and hard pack. am i ok to get the mudlites 26 X 12 X 12 rear, 26 X 10 X 12 front or should i go with bearclaws. i am worried that the mudlites sidewall might be too soft for the rocky terrain. or is there a better tire in the same price range. i am also getting new wheels. thinking about the itp chrome steel to better protect against big rock damage. any thoughts on this as well. any input is appreciated.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have the 26"mudlites on my 360 and i love them i dont do alot of rock riding mostly hardpacked and mud they have been good to me so far i have gotten stuck with them once though i tried a mud hole in 2wd and the tires just ate the ground up so i put it in 4wd and still got nowhere i had to be pulled out but other than that they are a good tire i would recommend them the mudlite is a tuff 6ply tire all the way around i got mine from www.atvnorth .com for 265 to my door

later
billdozer

Old 03-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Range Rover

Let me know what you come up with and how they work out for you. I'm in the same shoes you are. I do mostly trail riding here with some mud - if i can find it. Right now the the Kenda Bear Claws are looking pretty good to me. Good Luck

Old 03-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

What are you doing with the bike? Unless you run deep mud, a lot, get the ATR's. If price is a factor, and you run a little mud then the Bear Claws mite be you best choice. I have run Maxxis Sur-Tracs, rear, great tire for occassional mudding. Light. They are only 2 ply, but I have had NO tire problems in 1400 miles of hard trail riding in Ohio, and wVa(Hat-McCoy trails) I use Spider tracs up frt. Great combo. I will run the ATR's this summer.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

i do my fair share of deep mudding, but i also plow my driveway in the winter. i need good tread and i know i definitely want 6 ply. my stocks are 2 ply and are very soft in the corners and did not hold up too well with the rocks on the power lines we ride (hence the reason for this post). i am heavily leaning towards mudlites with chrome steel wheels from itp. unless someone tells me that is a bad choice and gives me a better alternative. thanks for the input though.

Old 03-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

jwkawi, I have the 27" bearclaws on stock rims, my only beef with them is that when we air down a little, I have ended up taking a few hits in the wheels bending the outer bent edge, I hear the mudlites have alot better protection for the wheels, other than that the bearclaws are an excellent all around tire. The six ply is great on the some of the roads we ride that are made from miles of blasted rock.

my 2 cents

Old 03-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

that is one of the things i am worried about. i want a tire that will protect my new rims , whatever i decide to get. any other thoughts on the mudlites protecting the bead and rim.

Old 03-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

You want a good tire that is 6 ply rateing, protects your rims- even if you let the air out of your tires a little, look cool, handle well in all types of terrain,that are not gonna cost you your first born child.... The answer is easy...... (ITP holeshot ATR'S) I have them on my kawi and when they were out (they are wearing very well 300 miles) i will go buy another set just like them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I couldn't be more happy with them!! Bear claws are not a bad choice either though.

WARNING: The tires that have been suggusted to you hook up very well. (HOLD ON) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 02 p650 and i have the 27" bear claws and swear by them
run power lines full of rock and other rocky trails as well as packed trails a little mud nothing to
aggressive snow the whole nine yards just cant get over how well they hold up
plow the driveway with no problem as well
i actually find that they protect my rim pretty good
i dont think you can beat them for the dollar

Old 03-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

I just got a set of the 26" Mudlights today. I was all set to get 27" Bear Claws but many of the places that I called were backordered. I went with the ITP Delta Steel wheels and got the set of 4 for $475.00 O.T.D. I was supprised at how large the lugs are and how much the tire protects the new rims. I get to test them out tomorrow on my clubs "Wednesday night ride". I think you would do well with either one.

ED

Quick Reply: which tires for p650