Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just ordered the Penland Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered the Penland Exhaust

It should be here in a few days I had it entirely apart ot do a spring cleaning and I did the vavles while it was apart and got to thinking this woudl be a good time to put hte new exhaust on it. It should be here in 5 to 7 days. I hope it is as great as every one is saying. For those of you who have the exhaust are you running the Dyno jet on the forth or fith notch? what jets?

Old 03-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Montess,
If you talk with PBR they do not go with DJ rather they go with Kiehins and they suggest a 142, 145 combo. Talk with Mike and he will tell you straight.

Old 03-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

5th notch over here in Wisconsin with the Dyno Jets

Sounds too good, runs to good.....the stock 650 (except for ITP 589's) doesn't even compare anymore.....the modded one is a 2k2....the stock is a 2k3

Old 03-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. Which jets are you running in WI? I figure I will have to bump up one jet size from what I have now with the filter and intake on. It is all ready for the ingnition system from "whats his name"

Old 03-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

The jet size is the one that Dynojet suggests for the sub 5000 altitude with the most flow atributes.....it's in the kit, I just can't recall now! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Brain Anyeurism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the dealer also had to put the little spacers in there to get it right......seems a touch rich, but runs like it should.

I TOO AM WAITING ON THE CDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhERE ARE YOU 9Cowman from copperC with the good news????????????????????

Old 03-27-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Montess,
You will get better performance from your stock jets than those DJ things as the stock jets are at least one size larger in volume than the largest DJ jet in the kit. If you go with a 142 and 145 Kiehin combo you will have a greatly improved system over those DJ jets guaranteed.

Old 03-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

I liked the difference the dyno jets made (I thought it made a difference) I may try goign back to the stock jets and running the dynojet needle like Nyroc is. It has seemed like it starts easier since i changed to the dyno jets ( but then again it could be me) Thanks alltoys. So how is your project coming.

Old 03-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Oh by the way I bought the full Mike Penland system for $325 plus shipping it was $30 total shipping but I also ordered a Pro Circuit T4 exhaust for the wifes Ozark.

Old 03-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I am running an HMF full exhaust system on mine and I have stayed witht he stock needles and just bought a 145 jet for the rear and moved the 142 to the front. I have yet to move my needles up any as with just the jetting and air screw adjustment my machine runs like *.*.*.*.*.*.*. which is enough to satisfy my speed desires. My next move is to upgrade my primary spring and see how the extra bite launches me as for now I can wheelie with any of them hehe.
I also run a KandN filter with the DG snorkle. The quad is easy to start and I have noticed I still get about 60 miles to a tank of fuel.

Hope this helps someone.........

Old 03-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Monte, where did you find the Penland for $325?!?! I paid list!!

Quick Reply: Just ordered the Penland Exhaust