Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Performance Module from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Module from Canada

Novakaw650,
Is right you will get a very fast hole shot up to 20k after that it is like a stock machine. Will mid range suffer, no, you will experience a slight drop on top end maybe 5k but you will gain the advantage on the bottom that is where the module enhances the timeing the most. If you were to have 6 degree key installed it would produce the same effect only you wouldn't loose on the top end. Nova has installed a switch to defer from the module resulting a stock cdi unit keeping the top end to original. Mike Penland at PBR has the key or Mickey Dunlap also has the same unit eithor can be approached to purchas the key.

The price of this module is rather extravigant considering there is only at most $30 worth of components. I would rather some one sell the wiring diagram for a few bucks for the module and quit hosing us Kawi owners for $180. Thats my thoughts on this module.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't spend that kind of money. My friend built one with six parts, a box, and some wire. The actual parts only cost a buck! It really doesn't effect the timing the way everyone thinks, but it will give you some extra power below 2.5 MPH. After that, stock everything.

Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S:
I agree the cost is way too high when you consider it's only a few electical components. That being said however...when mine arrives I will give it to my buddy, who is a whizz at this kind of stuff ,and get him to build a few units to sell at a big discount to some of my fellow P650 riders. He said it will be a joke. I am trembling like a bunny in anticipation for the extra smack off the line...I just might have to go beat up a couple sport quads for fun! I have drag raced Z400's and Raptors and Banshee's ( 400-500 ft) only to lose to the z400 by about 4 quad lengths the Banshee 5 or 6 and same with the Raptor. I always had the holeshot however...and if this can add a few quad lengths for me...great! Adding the Snorkle and jetting will probably bring me even with them in a short drag(100 yards). Thats enough for me. The machine already has more power than you can use in most trail situations, I just want to command a little more respect on the drag strip with the sports.

ROB

Old 03-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

I just want to thank everyone for the info...........

Old 03-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys

How hard is it to install the key? Where does it go?

I dont need anymore top speed but a harder hitting bottom end would be nice.

Thanks
Andy