Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Speed box rumor???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed box rumor???

There is talk on the other forum's that "Bareman's" box has failed, the 10 that were sent out overheated the unit and burnt the motherboard up, One guy said Bareman e-mailed him yesterday and confirmed this, nyroc,ross, alltoy's or any of the rest of you that have been following this, TELL ME IT ISN'T SO, PLEASE. I talked to him Wed or Thurs,this is Sat, and He said nothing about them failing, only He was still waiting on the rest, Is someone just pulling a joke hear since it's April (Fools) Please tell me they are coming in a few day's..........

Old 04-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry Stakk this is not a drill, your not the only one in denial. I talked to Don the other day and he said he thought they had the problem figured out. Cross your fingers.

Old 04-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

DAMN, oh well we will continue to wait

Old 04-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

"We had some technical difficulties and they are on hold for awhile
Don"

This was his reply on the 2nd of this month! Hopefully it will be a small problem that can be resolved quickly....

Old 04-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I trust Don and believe him when he tells me that they exist. I also trust him to not put out a product that costs $300, and then fails on his customers. They may have gotten some bad electronics, or maybe the company that is producing them is at fault. Either way, we continue to wait...

Old 04-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

Stakk, you're right. This was all an elaborate plan to screw with you. Good work guys!

Old 04-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'm calling Don tommorrow, I want to hear it straight from him, I'll find out exactly what's wrong.....

Old 04-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Just got off the phone to 'bareman", He said the problem was indeed heat related, but the unit's DID NOT fail, but they would have overheated and failed pre-maturely if the heat shielding wasn't changed, he has made changes and added better protection, and He's going to "hammer" 10 more unit's, if they don't meet his approval, they will continue until they do. He told me he IS NOT going to release a product that will fail on a customer before it's lifespan is up, He is giving a 1 year warranty with these unit's and THEY must pass his approval before they are released, I think this is great business as this business does'nt want an inferior product going out to his customer's, this is rare in today's world, most company's don't care, He want's these out as bad as we do as he has alot of money sunk into this project and I'm sure he would like to make a little of it back, but refuses to send them out until they are durable as the stock one are... Thank you Bareman, patience has never been a virtue of mine but I will wait for the product to be done right, it will be worth it in the long run I think......

Old 04-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

STAKK, did Don give you a new timeframe for the boxes? Sounds like the inside of the boxes could use a bit of that heat insulator, or something simple like that...which shouldn't slow down the final product too much.

Quick Reply: Speed box rumor???