Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How are those 700's doing??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are those 700's doing??

Originally posted by: Force
Vforcer- any idea what your top end speed is?
Sorry .... don't have a long enough track here at the home to get mine above 60 or so ..... but the treads would
suggest about 75 ????

Old 04-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

No problems so far and really love this quad. I think I'll need to buy a bigger gas tank and want a duel exhust, I,ve already ordered a front bumper and a set of nerfs, should be in this week. I've almost run out of gas a couple of times. I would recomend this machine to any one who loves to go fast!

Old 04-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

Hi everybody, Im new to the forum, and a new owner (yesterday) of a 04 Green V Force. I had my beloved 400ex stolen 2 months ago, and just got my insurance check. I went in to replace it, and my Honda/Kawi dealer showed me this huge quad. I got it for 400 dollars more than the 03 400ex, and figured I was old enough to deserve a quad with reverse and a motor like my 98 cubic inch RoadStar.
Well, I spent a couple of hours yesterday doing the idle, slow speed cool down break in thing, and took it to the beach yesterday afternoon.

Well.

My buddy with his hopped up Banshee was there, and on a gravel sand mix, both bikes with holeshots.. it was about what and what.. I havent been able to see where anybody on the forum has mentioned MUD, and I am not really a huge fan of mudriding anyway, but that momentum thing, that has everybody concerned about how this bike is going to do on fast trails, is your friend in the mud..

We have to access the beach at a local river by a TERRIBLE trail that has stuck alot of utility type bikes, even a few 4 bys. My buddy buried his banshee, and once we got it cleared, I gave it a shot.. the V Force is the ticket for mud (with a bottom to it) as long as you dont mind getting filthy. It has the momentum and the weight to keep going as long as you keep those holeshots spinning and the knobbies clean.

We wound up playing in that hole for a while. This quad will cover low branches of trees with mud if you stay on the gas. We would stop and laugh and the mud would fall for like 10 seconds. My boy Jason still believes his banshee is faster, but he is like 30 lbs lighter than me.. so we will have to see..

I need to sell my paddles from my 400 and get some geckos for this thing.. I cant wait to put it in that mud hole and on the sand with some paddles.. It just spins as is.. On the mowed grass in my back yard, it is scary fast. You really dont realize that the front end is off the ground at times, until you try to steer, then whoaaaaa. The tall front end and the short swingarm, well, you need to pay attention in close quarters. It really reminds me of a 660 Grizzly in 2 wheel drive, but without the tendency to flip over in turns.. same tranny sound (leaving on a jet plane) and the tall seating postion.. I think I am going to really enjoy this bike, and if it turns out to be half as reliable as my friends p650, then I will be happy, as hard as I ride my bikes..

I think I am going to jump on the HMF duals with the quiet inserts.. the jet kit and a hi flow filter.. anybody have any suggestions on which filter to use? Ok, well everybody enjoy these bikes and Ill check back often..

also, any of you more experienced sand riders that own this bike, do you suggest a regular molded paddle like the gecko, or a 10 paddle hauler, and what do you all think about 20 inch paddles vs 22 inch to keep the ground clearance up? Just some more questions.. Thanks!!

Later,
Shane