Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

FYI on Dial-a-jet from RM ATV

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI on Dial-a-jet from RM ATV

I just got my Dial a jet kit for my prairie from Rocky Mt. ATV. There was suppose to be some special metal brackets that you mount to the inside of your air box, to hold the dial a jet in place. I talked to Thunder Racing Products about this, they said they should have been shipping them with the kit. I had to have them shipped next day(from Thunder) to me so I can put it together, because I am going on a riding trip to NY next week.

So if anybody is going to order that through them just make sure you ask about it first before they ship it.

I will be giving RM ATV a call about this!

Old 04-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

wildwill, I just looked at your picture page,,, nice looking Prairie! Kinda reminds me of mine. LOL How do you like the 750 kit and how much HP and speed did you gain from it?

Old 04-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

I have my dial -a- jets, pushed through the rubber boot, no metal bracket.

Old 04-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

I ordered my dial-a-jets from thunder ..... they sent the metal brackets with the kit ....... makes a very
solid mount. I would worry about the inductors vibrating out of the boots without them ???

Old 04-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

I've had mine two years haven't vibrated out yet, I'd be more worried about screws, nuts bolts or washers coming off the mounting brackets and getting in the carb, so use lock tight.

The dial a jets and brackets for them were designed for snowmobiles, the carbs on them are mounted horizonially, unlike ours, anything that comes lose in our the airbox will be bounced into the carbs.

I'm not saying to not use them, just offering why I didn't.

Old 04-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench,

I love it! I just got it through its break in period. This coming week I am going on a riding trip to NY with about 9-10 guys. Then I will be able to tell you more. I can't wait to smoke them Grizzlies and Sportsmans!

I want to get it broke in first, then I will have it dynoed to see what kind of HP gain I got. It accelerates so fast the speedo has trouble catching up. I live in a development with about 10 neighbors(they love me to death). We have a strip of road about 500 feet long that I can get it up to 63 mph, from a dead stop before I run out of room an onto a major road. That is with 23in Turf Tamers . They are the only thing I could find that has a flat profile on 12in rims. I have ATR that hook up great in dirt but lite up on asphalt. MD said there 800 topped out at 67 mph before the rev limiter kick in, so we shall se what happens next week.

I can't wait till somone finally figures out to make a CDI unit, it will make it dangerous!!

I loved your article Ultimate ATV!

Old 04-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Vforcer

Thanks for the input! On what side did you mount the dial a jets? Over top of the rectangular shaped vent side or the other side where there are brass vents. I was concerned about blocking them.

I hear what Shotgun is talking about also, don't need anything going through motor beside fuel and air!