Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How are those 700's doing??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are those 700's doing??

Anyone tinckering with it to get more power?? How does it hang with the pipe and jetted crowd?? Where is it stong suit?? I am wanting to get a back up for my rappy. I will not leave it stock. If i buy one i will figure out fast how to get it over 800cc's. To those that have one do you think there is a honest 70hp in it with major modds?? I base that number on real not inflated numbers. I have yet to see a raptor make a honest 70hp. Will the tranny hold up?? What are the dislikes so far?? I was at the dealership yesterday. The saleman told me it would do 92mph stock. lol

Old 04-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

My 700 responded very well to dual exhaust, jets, air box. I read that It is supposed to be a 50 hp engine stock. The mods I listed should put it about 60 hp (crank shaft hp).

I hear there is a big bore kit out there is a FST kit that can move it up to 850 cc !
Gotta believe that would move it more than 70 hp ??

There will be CDI units out soon that will encrease the HP also ....

As for the belt .... There was a fellow the other day that said he had a super charger on a P650 that was producing 84 Hp ..... the goal was to get to 100hp

I am thinking the top speed is about 75 MPH

No dislikes so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

VForcer... How is the quality of that HMF exhaust? I am thinking about going the same way with my 700 but I'm not sure if I should wait for a Pro-Circuit or something else. Also, did you get the brushed aluminum or the colored cans? I was curious as to wether those colored ones would discolor after being heated up a few times. Thanks.

- Adam

Old 04-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Just got back from Winchester Bay dunes in Oregon.

So far I have left it stock. I did put a set of 21-11-10 8 paddle extremes on for the sand. There wasn't a dune that the 700 couldn't climb. Banshee Hill was no problem.

I did alot of racing on the flats and up hills. On the flats it would beat all 400's. The 250R's and Banshees would easily walk away....But that was to be expected.

On the hills it seemed to perform better than on the flats. On the shorter hill climbs it wold beat Rappy's and many 250R's and some Banshees that wern't heavily modded. On the longer hill climbs the 700 would take the lead early, once near the top the R's and Banshees would pass first and if the Rappy was shifting good he caught up right at the end (The Raptor had pipe, filter, jet kit and air box mod.

I think once I do the basic mods, this machine will be hard to beat by the 4 strokes.

The paddles were awesome. I wonder how it would have done with 9 or 10 paddles or maby the Taller Haulers.

An extended swing arm might be nice also. Anyone heard of one being made yet?

Later

Old 04-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies, a 800 plus cc v-force sounds like fun! Orange of course

Old 04-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I love my V-Force! No problems so far at all. I have only raced a stock blaster and i didnt see him at the end of the strip ao i kept going and just left. I want to take it to a mx track soon.
I am wanting to get the HMF duals for mine,a K&N,jets, and air box mods.

I CANT WAIT TO RACE A RAPTOR OR SHEE!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Vforcer - I'm also curious about the dual HMF exhaust. I do like the deeper sound of the stock pipe. Can you give me some kind of descriptive comparison on sound? Thanks.

Old 04-16-2003, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

RiverRat I am not sure I know how to discribe a sound .................I can tell you that they are very deep and loud. Quad people seem to love them ... My neighbors however, don't seem so fond on them!

The do echo through the neighbor hood... a lot. HMF says they are about 115 db. so I ordered the "hunter" baffles last week.... not yet recieved them ..... but are supposed to bring the sound down to 90 db.

Old 04-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

I've got three friends I ride with...all of them have nice bikes:

Modified Raptor...pipe, cam, jets
Stock Raptor....limited edition
Stock Predator

Up 'til about two weeks ago...I rode on a Stock 400 Scrambler (no fun eating dust ALL day long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ).

I'm now the proud owner of an orange V-Force. The Force Rocks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When we can't go to the local trails...we ride a twenty acre farm fully equipped w/ a jump, a small stream, and plenty of flat fields for wheelies and drags.

Each time we go out The Force feels stronger. Monday we went out and only the Modified Raptor could keep pace with The Force.
We race about 100 yards...Out of the hole The Force will about match the Modified Raptor....about mid track I have a little difficulty keeping w/in a bike length. At top end I think The (stock) Force will match the Modified Raptor. Can't wait to see what modifications might add to my V-Force's HP.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Xtermest ..... your experence sounds just like mine ..... we have a 100 yd track in the field also.
( stock KFX against the Modded RAppy )

The dual pipes and jets made it KFX all the way now ! I love it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]