Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

650P Adjustable Clutch Weights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 650P Adjustable Clutch Weights?

Hi There,
Is there anybody that knows where to get some adjustable weights for their clutches. I just got a new EPI catalog with the belly busters in it, but they are not cheap!($125 a set) They make 3 different sizes to choice from, so you may have to check out all 3 to see which one works best for you.(what a scam!)

Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

Buy the heaviest set, then try them and record your gains or losses. Drill a small hole in each at the same place. Match the weights to next size smaller. Install and try, record your findings. Drill out that hole until the next size smaller, try, record.
If the heavier weight works best, just weld the holes and match the weight of all, and your ready to ride.
Need gram scale, and wirewelder.
The heavier weights will increase acceleration but, may loose top speed.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the tips. I think I am going to wait for ones that have 3 different places on each weight for different size weights to be screw in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2003, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

Wildwill,

Sascash (Ted) was going to try the weights from a 360. They are lighter than the 650's and have holes where you could add weight to adjust them to your machine.

Hey Ted, how are you making out with that test?

Old 04-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Scotia650,

Thanks for the info!

Yeh, Hey Ted how are you making out with that test?

Old 04-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Wildwill did you install your big bore kit? How difficult was it? What was the price, and what was actually in the kit from FST. I am very interested in puttin gthis in my machine. Also, how is the performance, top speed, acceleration? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to find out about the kit.

Old 04-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Roadrashrun,

Hi, I started taking the motor apart in the end of December, just got it running April 1st. MD is really busy with all the work he does. I got the sleeves and pistons within two weeks, but waited for the cams a port and flow work.

I put the whole thing together myself with my dealers mechanic over my shoulder, he had a dislocated shoulder at the time!(Thank good for Manuals) The hardest thing is getting it timed correctly, with all those dam chains inside.

The kit can be boughten in seperate pieces if you want. Big bore in 3 sizes 700,715,750 for $590. This includes pistons(pin and clips), rings, gaskets, and sleeves. You have to have someone bore out and push in your new sleeves then bore and hone your sleeves to the new pistons, I paid $425. This should be done by an engine builder, the water jackets get cut. He takes your stock cams and has them reground for $300. I had him port, polish, and flow match my heads for $500. I had him add HVD valve springs to my heads also for $195. He sends you jets to get started also. It is up to you on how much you want to do to your motor.

I just got it through a break in period last week. I will be going to NY next week, then I will be able to give a better thought on performance. As for now it lites up the tires about 15 to 20 feet on pavement! It has ALOT of torque that ables you to lift the front end rather easy. Tommorrow I will be putting a Dial-a-jet kit in to help out with proper jetting and performance. I will also be dragging it this summer on asphalt so I can keep you posted.

I love it since I got it back together, can't wait to smoke somebody next week!

Check out my page, I just put some picures in it!

Old 04-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Range Rover

does elka make a rear shock for the p650 and if so whats the email address?

Old 04-19-2003, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

rammy,

They do make one. There e-mail address is www.elkasuspension.com. I checked into it about 2-3 months ago, they said it would be available in about a week. It will run you around that $800 mark (ouch!), but they will be able to set it to your weight and type of riding. They said it will probably add an inch to the total travel also. You can order it through anyone that sales Elka. I believe they also were going to make some for the front end as well, check it out!

Old 04-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Range Rover

wildwill,

i just tried to go to their website and it says"the server you have reached is not configured or unavailable" whats up w/ that?

Quick Reply: 650P Adjustable Clutch Weights?