Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

grizzly vs. prairie

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grizzly vs. prairie

3TV

Thanks for the trail info...place sounds truly interesting...is it too technical for the wife and daughter you think...they ride the quads outlined in my sig that hasnt been tinkered with...love those kinds of trails...Piute has one with an old mining camp...thought that was extremely interesting...again, thanks for the info...good ATVing... like your not with the stable you have...enjoy :-)

Have you done any mods to that V-Force and if so does any deal with air intake (air box)...buddy is looking into either the Yosh or HMF pipes but totally confused with the air box...DG is coming out with a snorkel...just wondering if anyone has had success with anything else...

Old 04-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Anybody who thinks that a 650 COW E SUCKY is better then the grizzly there wrong
And now the little kids come out to play. Nice one yg660...... NOT!!!!!

Everyone has there own preference but adding different tires on the P650 changes the handling of it immensely. I don't know where this push and plow theory comes from. I would think it would do that with a 270lb. guy on it but haven't experienced that at all. I ride hard and fast sometimes but also ride the mud and rocks. It works for me. Glad the Grizzly works for you. I definately like the looks of the Grizzly better but V-Twin Baby!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

new shoes on the prairie definitely eliminate the nose diving. oh yeah and by the way, i eat grizzlies for lunch!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

my cat will do anything eather one of yours will do and it cost 2 grand less than the grizz and a thou less than the kawasaki it just not as fast, and where i ride speed is not a factor. its just what you like that matters, thay all have there good and bad points we could debate that for days. i baught my cat because it had irs and a munual transmission and it was at a great price. but if thay sold hondas when i got mine i would have probly baught a rubicon but thats the way it gos, im happy with my cat and i wouldent trade it for nothing ...........unless thay come up with a locking front end arctic cat then look out.

Old 04-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

3TV, could you ride the Canaan trail on your VForce, or is is too rough?

Old 04-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: RebelDS
LOL......really??? We should just ignore the fact that the Prairie has more power, out pulls, has more carrying capacity, etc. etc. etc. but you still say the grizzly is better for work? And a grizzly is a sport/utility machine and the Prairie isn't? Only time it's useful in sport is if you don't take any turns. Since a grizzly handles like a behemoth, it can't be considered much of a sport/utility quad and IRS quads aren't really all that sporty. And the Prairie not a serious offroader? In some rare situations, a grizzly can be better in certain terrains. But best watch out for that water getting in it. Look, I'm sorry you dropped that much money and still didn't come out with the best, but there's no need in ignoring reality.Bullydog, the Prairie is faster and stronger, and that's not debatable. Realistic grizzly owners will bring out things like ground clearance, ride comfort and a few other things that they find desirable for purchasing their quads. But as far a power, speed, acceleration, versatility, etc., the Prairie has never

come in second place behind a grizzly.

Yes-but it has behind the Rincon-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

grizzly vs. prairie
What does this have to do with a Rincon? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

However, I would go against a Rincon any day or any other wheeler for that matter. They are all nice machines but the Prairie is the undisputed champion for PURE Power. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

All of the current new quads are close enough, that 80% (my guess) of we buyers, would be satisfied with any of them. What I think more consumers should take into account, is their dealer, and their service department. That is, unless you do your own service. I have, and have heard, countless horror stories of mechanics, making mistakes on quads, snowmobiles, jetski's, dirt bikes, etc. I am a mechanic, and I know everyone makes mistakes, but that's where the dealer comes in, and should stand behind their work. I think too much attention is paid to these petty details. I mean wetclutch wearing out the motor! Give me a break, so I suppose all modern day automatic transmissions have this flaw? That would make the entire Honda line flawed. Brake pads this, and that, I owned the worst quad for brake life, two sets of pads a season. I'd just carrry an extra set along. Big Deal. Belt life and or slip or whatever. Setup, to me. Vibration! I own one of the smoothest touring motorcycles ever made, and it vibrates at idle, just like the Grizz. Off idle, they are both very smooth. Ground clearance, again if your in the 80%, you won't care, and the 20% will put on 27" or bigger anyway. To sum up, find a fair, reliable, honest service dept. and you'll be much happier! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Dang.... I have not been on for a while but I see things have not changed. Frankly I am entertained by the friendly sparring.

3tv, Don't make me come down there and prove you wrong. Actually it might be fun to have you show some of us "northern" UT boys some new terrain.

Old 04-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Grin..... My V Force would not cover 130 miles on two tanks of fuel !!!

Quick Reply: grizzly vs. prairie