Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003 | 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

Is this madule thingy the same thing as the new CDI that Ive been hearing about for months? I know for a while we werent alowed to talk about the cdi, is that why its being called a madule

Old 04-23-2003 | 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Dear god I have to have one of these!! Crap...I don't get paid for another coulple of days...

Old 04-23-2003 | 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Brent,

Very easy to install, cut the pink wire going to the cdi from the speed sensor and install inline. Also power and ground wires. My module has four wires and the freedom ones have 3. Maybe a half hour install tops. Also completely waterproof as long as you protect the new wire connections.

tommyboy,

No this is not the new cdi, they are still on hold. This is a frequency generator that effects bottom end only. The moderators have no problem with us discussing the cdi or even giving out names & numbers for this and other products. The problem is with manufacturers or dealers advertising on here for free, that's not fair to atvconnection or to the other people who pay to advertise their products here so that we can use this site free of charge.

Old 04-23-2003 | 01:16 PM
Range Rover

How many of these modules are floating around out there anyways (-: $100 sounds pretty attractive for low end boost with no high end loss. Is the change over at 35km automatic steve or do you have to flick a switch?

Old 04-23-2003 | 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm about to make some of you guy's sick, I rode one a few week's ago and yes it turn's the 650 into a wheelie monster, but I could'nt justify paying 130 buck's for a mod that advances the timing just a little bit, SOOOOO I called Mike Penland and he sent me a flywheel key that advance's the timing on the 650 across the entire rpm range and guess what, SAME result, 3/4 throttle in high and I stood my 650 on it's back rack, thank God for the rack, the key cost me $10.00 buck's!! me and a friend put in in, you need a water pump gasket and a flywheel puller and about 2 hour's of time and your done, it really woke up the bottom end but did little for the top end as does the generator, but for 10 buck's........

Old 04-23-2003 | 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Fireman,

The module switches over automatically, no manual switch, just gas and go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Stakk,

I agree with the key in some aspects and this was an option I looked at also. However, there are two possible problems that could arise that concerned me. The key is offset to rotate the flywheel in order to advance the timing, is this right? First problem, the key is made of a softer material than the shaft in which case the risk of shearing off a key under heavy load exsists(spinning 28's in the deep mud for example). If this happens the timing goes out the window, valves meet pistons and hello expensive rebuild. Second, build the key out of a stronger material than the shaft and run the risk of ruining the slot in either the shaft or the flywheel, neither of which is going to be cheap to replace. Because of this I felt the $100 module was a better buy for me, I get the bottom end and don't think about the what if's. Just my opinion though and I hope the key works great for you. It also makes a difference that the module is within easy reach here in Nova Scotia and the key comes from the US. This is an exception to the rule though, you guys usually have quick access to all the goodies south of the border while we drool in envy. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003 | 02:44 PM
|
Pro Rider

HI ALL:
Stop grumbling about $100.00 or $180.00 as I paid...IT'S WORTH IT! Just try to find a mod, for that kind of money that makes your machine into a fire breathing dragon! Actually it's not really a mod...but just giving back to us, what Kawi hid from us. It's in the bike...you just got to unleash it! God it's great owning the greatest 4x4 monster ever built! POWER POWER POWER!!!

ROB

Old 04-23-2003 | 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

I asked Mike about it too, He said he hasn't had any problem's with any of them shearing even on the race bike's. Let's hope it hold's up..Im just leaving it in until the DG CDI comes out anyway then I'm pulling it out and putting the stock one in, All it is,Is a stock key that is grooved about 1/4 th the width of the key so I think it should be strong enough, I don't run larger tires so I'm hoping I'll be OK until the box comes.....

Old 04-23-2003 | 03:41 PM
|
Pro Rider

Scotia650:
Is the 35kph cut off you spoke of from the module by Dale Brooks...is this the end of the effective range of boost from the module? I would like to know exactly where, or at what speed the module benefits are no longer effective. Anyone know? I thought Alltoy's suggested somewhere around 20kmh ...I could be mistaken though.

ROB

Old 04-23-2003 | 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

kawirob,

The module only works at a low speed. If you pin it at anything over 15-20kph you don't feel anything different from stock. I think that the 35 kph is just the # at which the module shuts off to prevent any top end loss. I hope I'm explaining this right. All I know is it works, you gotta love it when it's fighting for grip and the front end's still coming up. It's hard to race off of pave now though, even leaning on the bars I have to back off a little to keep the bike from coming over. LOL

I can't wait for the cdi, it should take the performance beyond all reality. Yeah baby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!