Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

Originally posted by: gotmuddy - Dear god I have to have one of these!! Crap...I don't get paid for another coulple of days...
Cody, here's another thread on the same subject that has lots of good info -
Frequency generator thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Nova. Anyone need a RULE 3300 winch?? I need some 11:1 pistons and that box!

Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

A rule winch would be sooo sweeet.

A wonder how this module will affect reliability of the P650, I don't want my motor to burn up in 2 years.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Range Rover

So what is everyone gonna do when the diamond g cdi comes out, ditch these performance modules, or leave them installed. From the sounds of it, the Brook module is a nice piece of work, minus the top end.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

If it works great I would keep it, I don't need top end at all, thats why I got my Z400. I want low end power and this delivers. If the CDI offers alot more and is cheap enough I might consider getting it.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Scotia650, that timing key affects the ignition timing, not the cam timing. Also, There is no more load on that key whether spinning tires in deep mud, or cruising down the street. The flywheel key is non load bearing in that way. The only strain on that key is spinning the heavy flywheel itself.

-Matt

Old 04-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Mr350x,

Your right my mistake. However, I don't think you'd want the plug to fire if the piston was only half way up. I checked on the key earlier this month because it's a cheap mod with improvements throughout the rpm range. At that time someone advised against it because of the shearing problem. Maybe I got some bad info or maybe they've improved it since then, either way, I've already installed the module and will wait for the cdi for further improvements.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

HI ALL:
I am not very interested in the new C.D.I now. I cannot imagine any more boost on the bottom... to have it would be pointless! It's a chore trying to keep the front end down now if you have traction. I really don't think the C.D.I. will offer any more performance on bottom. On midrange it would be nice as well...beyond 20kph. But top end is pointless to me...I have had mine at 64mph on a dirt road and to tell you the truth...that was fast enough. With a tune up it would have done a little more...but why? Any mistake at that speed and your dead! I can't imagine 75mph on any utility quad. Top speed for me is not an issue, as I rarely get the chance to open it up for long...she just covers ground WAY too fast! It's getting there the fastest thats fun...accelleration baby...thats where it's at! Besides...the C.D.I. will cost $300.00 U.S. thats about $500-$600 Can by the time it gets here! I would like to have a mid range boost to compliment my AWESOME bottom end! I know the C.D.I. would give that but thats just too much $$$. If you ride in an area with lots of good fire roads the C.D.I. would be the way to go. If you ride mainly trails, then the module would fit your needs BIG TIME!!!

ROB

Old 04-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Blair,

The diamondg cdi will advance the timing throughout the whole range. You wouldn't need to run the module with the cdi. However, waiting for the cdi is like a kid waiting for christmas (it never seems to come) and I want the power now! Anyway, if the mythical cdi ever comes to being I'll sell you my module if your interested.

Steve

Old 04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

"I don't think you'd want the plug to fire if the piston was only half way up"

This is happening whether you advance the timing mechanically, (the timing key) or electronically (the module).
Both methods result in the same thing. The difference being that when you advance it mechanically, it stays advanced
through the entire RPM range, whereas the module is suppose to retard the timing back to stock after a certain RPM.

Advancing the timing either way increases the chance of spark knock, (aka "ping, or detonation") under high load, high heat, or
too low octane fuel. When this mod is done, you need to run high octance fuel unless you want a hole in your piston(s) due to
severe detonation. (that is no joke, it WILL happen if you run low octane fuel, and it is hot outside with advanced timing)

-Matt

Quick Reply: JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!