Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!

HI ALL:
I have had this thing for weeks now and finally put in on!!! It is plain crazy!!! We all know what our beloved beasts are like to wheelie...well multiply that by several times!!! I am not kidding...I just got off it and I am still shaking!!! In high, on pavement from a dead start ,with all my 210lbs leaning over the front... it will rocket you skyward! In low it is just plain nuts...and dangerous! This module is everything I was hoping for and more. I would issue a word of caution for inexperienced riders to jump on the weapon now, and gas it unless you are on loose gravel. I did manage to get her to break loose and leave two black marks on pavement when I "throw" my body forward and gas it...the marks were a good 10 ft long and on dry pavement! I have also found that it will wheelie more easily on areas (dirt) that she would not wheelie before...she used to spin and then hook-up and just take off. Now in the same areas she will spin,hook-up and then come out of it in a wheelie! I am not sure as to what speed the module stops working but it adds a massive smack right off the line! I would say that after 10 or so mph that there is no more boost...perhaps someone else can confirm this...I am just guessing. I have not tested my top speed yet, as there are only a couple places around my house that you can open her up. but I will keep everyone posted on any more adventures. I am trembling like a bunny...and loving every minute of it!

PS: I just realized something...I have 26" Kenda bear claws on with only 2psi ( FOR SNOW) and I forgot to air them up for summer...and she still spins on dry pavement from a dead start with NO front brakes applied!! YOU GOT TO LOVE IT!!! WHOOOOOOO!

ROB

Old 04-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

WHAT? Did you find Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  for the P-650???????????????`
Tell us more. This isn't a ign. module, is it?

Old 04-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

TRX450:
I did not find this module (Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word ) ...I found out about it on this forum. My buddy ordered a power kit for his Grizz from Freedom cycle in N.S. Canada and I had been speaking to Bernie (at Freedom) and decided to get my buddy to order for me. It is a little black box that advances the timing on the C.D.I right from idle. I am not sure how much it advances the timing but I can tell you it's plain brutal! Apparently though there is probably some top speed loss...I am not very concerned with this, as I rarely top mine out anyway. Although there are some that have a switch hooked up to theirs so they can shut off the module, and gain back any top end loss, on the fly. There are also rumours that there is a top end module that has been said to put a stock P650 at 120kms (75mph). This is being sold at a dealer in Ontario, I am not sure of the name but someone on this froum knows it. These modules, from what I hear, are coming from a performance shop in Quebec. There is French and English wording on mine that says" PERFORMANCE PART...ABUSING CAN BE DEADLY" I BELIEVE IT!

ROB

Old 04-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!! I might be the proud owner of a new 650 in a couple of days, I may have to pick up one of these for myself, would work wonders in the deep mud with big tires.

Old 04-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

I know I have seen the pricing on such a unit, but could you refresh my memory. Also how much trouble is it ordering from Canada to the states? Is there some kind of duty to be paid? I reckon what I'm getting at is how much would this thing cost delivered to my door step?

Old 04-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

How much is it?????? and can i get one for my 450 kodiak????????what it the website?//

Old 04-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Fishhead, with the strength of the American dollar, you will probably get it to your door for cheaper than it is advertised. If it is $150 Canadian (a guess) it will probably be at your door for about $130 American (This is a guess, it is only a guess)

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

GrizzllyKing, it won't help a Kodiak. It's a electronic device that somewhat fools, if I'm not mistaken, to allow the CDI to advance the timing at low speed. The CDI on the 650 is severly restricted, not letting the timing advance at low RPM's and retarding the timing at higher speeds to keep it from going faster. I don't really consider things like that to be mods. They are just ways of removing the restrictions.

Old 04-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

I can get it at my local dealer for i think he said $160 cdn.
They try it and said they should have to licence people
after it is installed so they don't kill themselfs. LOL

Old 04-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

How easy are they to install? Will mud and water hurt the module? Does it replace an existing part or add on to it? Very curious about this now because it looks like I will be getting my Kawi forsure now.

EDIT: yep, got my Kawi [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: JUST HOOKED UP MY ACCELERATION MODULE..!!! HOLY %&*@#$%^&&!!!