Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force doesn't do good in sand

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force doesn't do good in sand

Race him on the hard pack surface and blow him away, and i mean blow him away dont stop keep going until u cant see him anymore. Embarass him, make him eat your dirt and if he wont race you in the dirt then you know why. If he beat you in the sand and you didnt have paddles then i dont really see a reason that he can tease because he should know that if you had paddles he wouldnt stand a chance EVER. Dont worry no matter what ur brother says you can beat him in the dirt or sand if you wanted to.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Dude, think about a hemi cuda and a chevette racing on ice. would it be close? Maybe. get him on hard stuff..........

Old 04-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
V-Force doesn't do good in sand.
Not according to the latest issue of ATV Sport magazine. They went as far as saying the 700 may be the new king of the dunes. One thing they did mention, was no one makes a paddle tire big enough to handle the 700's power. No matter what paddle they tried, the 700 over powered them. They are hoping someone makes a meatier paddle soon.

Old 04-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah right, that's about ridiclous. No offense to any owners but there are a whole lot of quads out there with alot more power than that big tank. It does have some torque though.

Old 04-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I received a set of 23 in. 10 paddle Kevlar-reinforced Skat Trak edges on Douglas 12X8s Mon. I've bolted them on, they look great!!! I was worried that the 8in. wide wheel would be to narrow but it looks fine. ( I think wider would look better though) I'll get a chance to run them at Little Sahara Sat. On looks alone though, I'm sold!! If I could fiqure out how to post pics here I would. Still working on it, we'll see.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

I just got my 23 extream haulers mounted on 12" douglas rims as well. Might hit sand Lake Or next weekend to break them in.

Old 04-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Lurch77
V-Force doesn't do good in sand.
Not according to the latest issue of ATV Sport magazine. They went as far as saying the 700 may be the new king of the dunes. One thing they did mention, was no one makes a paddle tire big enough to handle the 700's power. No matter what paddle they tried, the 700 over powered them. They are hoping someone makes a meatier paddle soon.
So again, this just shows me how this mags works. They are very bias with these foriegn atv makers. There is no way that the 700 has too much power for paddles. It has great low end, but it does flatten out on the top. So even tho I don't ride in dunes, I believe you need top end to, especially on the hills. As far as power goes, I think there getting to caught up on the low end torque. I've allready showed in two different time races(sand and gravel) that the Predator will stay with the 700, it just comes on in the mid range. But put a pipe on the Predator, and you will have all the low end you need, and yet not loose the mid range hit. And you will still be cheaper then the 700. Yes the 700 is a very nice atv, but for them to say it overpowers the paddles, it just plane stupid. I think what they mean is, when they get on it, the tires just spin and sink, but a RPM said, thats the weight of the 700, not the power.

Old 04-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

So again, this just shows me how this mags works. They are very bias with these foriegn atv makers
I agree that DW and 4 wheel ATV action are more bias towards the jap quads, but ATV Sport/ ATV magazine are usually very biased towards Polaris.

Old 04-26-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2000MOJAVE
So again, this just shows me how this mags works. They are very bias with these foriegn atv makers
I agree that DW and 4 wheel ATV action are more bias towards the jap quads, but ATV Sport/ ATV magazine are usually very biased towards Polaris.
I have the May issue of ATV Sport, and they have a full write up on the V-Force, and no where did I read that it has too much power for paddles. In fact they were mixed in there opinion of the 700. It would really seem weird, if there are mixed about the 700 in the May issue, then go and say it has too much power in there April issue. I guess I will have to get the April one and see.

Old 04-26-2003, 01:32 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

So again, this just shows me how this mags works. They are very bias with these foriegn atv makers.
Not to start anything, but ATV Sport is the same Magazine that in their May issue, picked the Predator as the "Sport Quad of the Year"

I would hardly consider them "Bias", I think it is more accurate to say Inconsistent.

On another note, I just took my buddies 19 year old kid down to the Quad store and showed him a Predator. He ended up buying it. He has ridden my KFX700, and loved the power and handling, but isn't thrilled with the Auto (Which I have stated isn't everyone's cup of tea.), so he asked me what I thought would be a comparable quad with a Manual clutch. Needless to say, the Predator is the only thing (In MY opinion) that fits that bill.

Quick Reply: V-Force doesn't do good in sand