Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

sp600 pulls p650

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp600 pulls p650

The one magazine that gave the 700 Polaris their pick for ATV of the year had such an outcry from their readers they held a Poll for their readers to see who agreed with them and if not what would everyone pick. Their readers chose the Prairie hands down...P650 received twice as many votes as the quad that finished second (cant remember the exact amount)...I do believe the second place finisher was the Pol with the Griz rounding third. After the poll they stated it looked like the public picks P650 but they couldnt change their pick...endorsements?

Guy that works closely with ATV association and spearheads the training courses and trail system said that all quad manufacturers except polaris contribute to the training program...he was told that Polaris wont put up the money as it is used in warranty work. Go figure....

Old 04-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

alltoys your the last person he wants to see lol.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

This 660 gent sounds like a little dog barkin on the porch!! I want to be there when you have a pull with him alltoys, I'll bring along the forcepts to pick the gravel out of the back of his head when your done with him. Has anyone heard of a blown up 650?? Can't say I have, thats pretty unreal but I guess it should last forever when it only puts out a fraction of it's potential.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

If he lives in the eastern half of Canada, He's mine!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

Sascach actually yes theres a thread going currently about a 'blown up' p650, whose rings let loose or have come apart, although it doesn't appear to have done much damage at all... but be aware the quad has around 8000 miles on it, and some 750 hours or so(don't quote me on exact numbers). I do agree wholeheartedly that the v-twin seems rock solid though. I have around 1100 miles on mine now, in the 3 months I've owned it, and the prairie hasn't so much as coughed.

Watching you people banter like little kids with your my dad(prairie) can beat up your dad(quad of choice) argument is hilarious, especially with the conviction some of you put into your cases, with an air of such heavy importance on this issue, lol! Get out, ride and have fun whatever you're on. Now if we could all be as mature as I've been about this issue, we'd be so much better off....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

P.S. Oh and just for the record, the p650 absolutely dominates all other quads and easily kicks all of their asses, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

GINCHY....your funny you must no alot about polaris cause the 2003 2004 have 4 grease fittins....same as the rest.......and if anyone wants to hook up with me i live in nova scotia.......but its no good for ya to u sissys couldn't ride with us down here hahahahahahahaahahahahahahah

Old 04-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

yg660,

Where in Nova Scotia are you from? We have a rally this weekend down our way and myself and two friends all ride 650's. Maybe you and your friends could make it for a good time and some mud running.

Steve

Old 04-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

I dare you to hook ur 660 to a 650 vtwin. You could put any tires on you want and the 650 could have stocks on and it would pull ur little yamasquaw around in circles. Those grizzlys cant't pull. You would be picken gravel out of you head for along time. Any why do you think you grizzly will go through more tsuff then my 650. If my 650 was bone stock except for the lift and we both had the same rubber i bet you anyt money i would go through more then you would. For one thing i got more wheel speed. For another i cna drive in high range in mud if i want to. My 650 does not spit and sputter or die in deep water and when i put it in diff lock both my front tires turn and one wont stop like those grizzlys.(they lock dont lock as good). And for another my axcels dont break like them grizzlys. I would love to kick your *** in the mud. All the weight on those grizzlys is right on the top and as soon as you get in the hills they start to tip over. Where we drive over hear the grizzlys are terriable in the hills and tend to stay out of the steep side hills. But you can keep makingu p all the b.s you want but your not gunna get us to think ur yamasquaw is better then the more power full kawasaki. Its pretty bad when you can go in the deep mud with a 500 sportsman in high range and with the grizzly 660 you have to put it in low right away. If you dont beleive that i just saw a 660 grizzly with stock tires in the deep mud that could not turn his tires in high range from a stop. With my 650 i never have to put it in low range in the mud. I do it somtimes thow because it is better for the belt. Later all.

Old 04-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

yg,

4 grease fittings, are you talking polaris, you have to be kidding, almost everybody I know and ride with here in PA, own polaris, all they complain about is grease fittings, polaris are made with nylon bushings, their everywhere, they are the little orange things at every joint on the quad, you absolutely cannot not have grease fittings if you have nylon bushings, they have to be greased, kawi's are made with machine pressed sealed ball bearings, far superior to nylon bushings, im not goin to sit here and type anymore about why the prairie is the best, its simply the best, hands down, oh and quote 4 grease fittings like all the others, the praire has zero

Old 04-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

YG660, rider ability and rider knowledge goes a long way. Once I took a 2wd honda in a mud bog to tow a 600 grizly out. I don't recall the last time I got stuck in the mud on my 650[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] BTW I know no one that lost an engine on the 650 here in Halifax. I'm concerned for your area... Are you colder than us and do you let the twin warm up that's very important.

Quick Reply: sp600 pulls p650