Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I think the VForce is for me....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think the VForce is for me....

I was on this board in 1996 when it first cranked up and in 1998 my Piped clutched Sport 400L was stolen. From there I moved into dirtbikes and road those on the trails for a while. I then got a 400 EX and rode it for a while. In all honesty, it wasn't a real step up from my Polaris in many ways. Anyway, I then got into flying ultralights and I have been doing that for a couple years. Now I want another toy to ride when the weather is not favorable for flying. So....

I enjoyed the hell out of my Polaris Sport 400L with the goodies. Could the VForce be an upgraded 4 stroke version of the Sport with better suspension and motor? The weight doesn't bother me. I never had any trouble airing out my Sport and found it's size matched mine pretty good. Anyway I am looking at getting either a VForce or a XR650R. I'm not sure which way I want to go just yet. But of all the quads I have looked at so far, it is the most apealing. The only reason I am not looking at another Sport is I have already had one, never had any problems with it but I like change. So anyone else ridden a Sport 400L and a VForce back to back to compare power and handling?

I rode with guys on Warriors and Banshees and in the woods they would pull away a bit from me (Better riders maybe) in the tight turns, but thanks to the auto as soon as it straighteded out just a little, I was back on their bumper. That is what I am looking for. I don't have to be the fastest, but want to be able to keep up.

Kendall

Old 04-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

The KFX is awesome quick .... can not use full throttle under 20 mph without bringing the front up !

It is wide, stable, responsive, smooth, ...... try it out Kendall .... I am sure you will be impressed

Old 04-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

I just replaced my Scrambler 400 with a V-Force and I couldn't even compare the two. I used to like my Scrambler but it was lacking the power, no matter what I did to it. The V-Force is just incredible as a trail bike and for running roads. I had it out on the MX track the other night and it definitely isn't at home there, but it was manageable at least. As far as tight woods trails, and old logging roads go though, for me it's the perfect machine.