Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force vs piped Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003 | 05:28 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Force vs piped Banshee?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I just bought a V Force and love the power delivery of this thing! I have a friend who ownes a piped banshee and says that no 4 stroke will ever beat a modded Banshee. Does anyone think that I'll stand a chance against him? My force is all stock for now. I'll post the results as soon as I race him.

Old 04-29-2003 | 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

View my post at My post on racing a banshee.. I raced a piped banshee. The results are there.

Old 04-29-2003 | 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

It depends on the amount of mods the Banshee has. A stock Dale can beat a Banshee with a few mods and i bet the V-force can too, but at a certain point of mods the Banshee can't be touched.

Old 04-29-2003 | 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that is too tall of an order to ask of your V-force.

If you want to win that race, Race on a gravel rode or some where like that. The banshee's have always had trouble with traction, so you will have a clear advantage in these situation. DO NOT race him in SAND or on pathment!!!!! the V-force starts to "plain-off" after about 40mph. so i would race him over 100 yds.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 04-29-2003 | 08:46 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Raced a Full Modded Banshee in the sand on my Stock 700 (Just for Sh*ts & Giggles), got my A** handed to me and a face full of sand. The FACTS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2003 | 11:05 AM
|
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Well guys, I finally raced that banshee and have to say that it was almost embarrasing. We raced on a 1/2 mile long hardpack road and i pretty much had my a$$ handed to me. The V held its own for the first 50 feet or so until the sheer horsepower of the banshee took over and left me. The banshee had extensive work done to it so I guess I should'nt feel that bad. After all, my V is totally stock and maybe someday, it will be banshee riders that will be choking on my dust.

2004 KFX 700 V-FORCE
1986 ATC 200X [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2003 | 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats to be expected, The banshee is pound for pound the most powerful quad in the market,and has more biuld potential than any thumper. Us big bores can hold our own, but if the banshee guys are serious about winning, thier really aint nothing we can do to beat them. FACTS.

Just get your V-force powerful enough to scare you in the trails, and be happy! I have yet to see a banshee with out of frame drag pipes, go through the trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 05-07-2003 | 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

Here i go pluggin this web site again but go here. http://www.dunereview.com/
Download the videos of the Raptor and DS racing up the hill, they race 4 times and the DS wins every time by just a little. But one race from out of nowhere a Banshee passes them like they are standing still. It's very humbling!!

Old 05-08-2003 | 12:27 AM
Range Rover

Yep, and Banshee owners are sick about power mods too. Its almost like they know that if, well not if, when the motor goes, it wont cost them that much more to rebuild it with 25 percent more power than it was before. My buddy jason has 00 banshee that has he has only put Fattys on, jetted it, and found some guy locally to shave the head.. well, its scary.
Heres a trick you can use to beat a modded banshee on your v-force. You know that throttle limiter on the thumb throttle..... well, bring a small cresent wrench and whenever your buddy on his banshee is off eating or whatever, cut his throttle throw down to about half.. that should do it.... you might have a chance then...

lol..

Shane

Old 05-08-2003 | 07:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wouldnt be to worried about losing that race.

And I hate to say it, but the four strokes are catching up. I was racing some built DS's and we were about tied last weekend. Although Im not sure he can make the run to China wall after we race at Olds, but the point is, they are catching up in the drag dept..

RoostKing...