Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

another burned raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another burned raptor

i raced my friends raptor the other day. his is stock and my kfx has a trinity pipe, popped lid and rejet. i smoke him in acceleration and we are the same at top speed. i think he is having second thoughts about buying that raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

Destory the Z, I don't think so. I've read alot about the z vs the raptor and none of them said the z got burned. A Z that is jetted and piped will run with a rappy.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe it.... did you switch riders? maybe he can't drive

maybe there is a potato in his tailpipe, LOL

Old 04-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

You can believe it! The only advantage that the stock Raptor has over a stock KFX 400 is on the top end. If you put a stock raptor against a piped KFX 400, the rappys advantage is'nt there anymore

Old 04-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Oh Yah...well dirt wheels says...
glad to hear you can smoke your buddy...but why make him feel bad about his purchase when you have the oportunity to make him feel bad about himself? Switch quads then beat him riding his bike...then just say "Hmmm...I dunno its like whatever I ride is WAY faster than whatever you're riding...Hmmm"

Old 04-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have raced a piped Z400 and a stock KFX400 and there is no comparison to the Raptor. I am not saying they are slow just not as fast as the Rappy. My Raptor is bone stock. I think your buddy could not keep it down.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

I have not raced mine against a raptor stock or since being mod'd...but when we were out test riding to determine what quad to get I ran the 400 against the rappy (dealers quads hahaha) a few times...here is what i found.

We started by dragging relative short distances (getting them to the 40 MPH range) they were both there...actually he who got the better start typically won as you would figure...this is what we mostly ran at first and the performance of the KFX 400 in those runs along with the fact I liked its handling alot better had me thinking no contest...why would anyone buy a raptor...its the KFX 400 all the way.

We then went out of dealer sight and hit some longer runs...did alot of these runs actually...really opened them up through ALL the gears. Up through 4th gear that 400 was there...but when we lengthened it and that rappie got going and hit 4th it was gone...it would just start pulling away from that 400...no contest after that point.

So i dont know about a mod'd 400...both of these machines were bone stock...but I would thing if you mod'd the raptor as well it would maintain its top end dominance...but I cant say for sure. I ended up getting the KFX 400 and couldnt be happier with my decisions...this is mainly do to the type of riding i like...love whoops, jumps, tight trails and tracks ... the low to mid-range hit of the KFX 400 coupled with its great handling/manueverablity really felt good in those conditions...but if i was big into draggin up sand hills and over distance that rappy would have been given good consideration as it has solid top end.

Will say after doing my mods and putting on that Yoshi pipe the KFX is a lot stronger monster throughout the entire powerband...biggest hit probably in the mid and low range with that pipe...but top end has improved as well...just a great riding quad right now...i really like the kawasuki z/kfx 400...would recommend it to anyone