Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kx powered mojave is alive!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kx powered mojave is alive!!!!!

Well I finally got the kx motor in the mojave frame and was able to take it for a run. I do have a couple of bugs and finishing touches to do to it but I was able to get a taste of it and I will say it that it truly rips!!!!!!!!! Power is unreal, acceleration is crazy. I wasnt able to try it wide open yet but I'm sure its gonna be fast. It hangs wheelies so effortlessly that its kinda freaky. Cant wait to try it out in some drag races!! I'll post some pics as soon as I wrap things up so everyone can have a look.

Old 05-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer

Would definitely be cool to see some pics! Sounds like a nice quad.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

ya man lets see some pics of that baby!

Old 05-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I'll have some pics probaly by next weekend. I'm still working on the little stuff. Its an involved project thats for sure. Theres a lot of little things like extending the shifter, modding the kickstart, spacers for the swingarm. We had to cut the frame where the old front motor mounts used to be. I welded in a new piece of steel to keep support in the frame. The stock radiator works well and didnt need to be modded and about a million other little things. Its my first project so I'm sure I could of done some things different than I did but oh well it seems to look pretty good.

Old 05-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you feel the harmonic vibration from the non balanced engine? If so how bad is it? I was thinking of doing the same mod. But I am curious about how much vibraton there is from a non-balaced two stroke.

Old 05-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Oh it has some vibes but nothing like I expected. Its nothing annoying that would tire you or damage the machine. I think I've tried stock quads that vibrate just as bad. Its nothing to worry about.

Old 05-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for that info. I don't know if I want to go with a KX250 or the YZ426. What year KX motor did you use. What about the exhaust what did you use?

Old 05-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

mentalmojave, That sounds like one bada$$ machine! Hope you enjoy it! I bet that thing would fly around the motocross track! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 05-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

I believe the motor is an 89'. I was able to use the stock pipe because the kx pipe passes over the clutch cover. Like I said before, I had to cut the front motor mounts/lower radiator support off for the pipe to fit but I welded a piece of steel in its place that bends with the frame and not the opposite way like the stock piece did. You'll probaly have better luck finding a kx motor than a yz426 engine but either way it would kick ***. I liked the kx motor because its about 35lbs lighter than my stock motor.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah baby, now thats what i'm talkin bout. can't wait to see some pics mental. i was wondering if you were ever gonna get that thing done.we are still improving on our MOCATE.definition.mojave chasiis ,tecate motor.

Quick Reply: kx powered mojave is alive!!!!!