Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

dinli 90cc start problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question dinli 90cc start problem

My sons 01 dinli was runing good then it started to loos power took spark plug out had spark then I closed the gap on the spark plug a little and bam it started ran for a little while then it again same thing now it will not start can someone help trying to get him back out there riding with me again

Old 05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs up starting solution

Ive been messing with one of these for about a month now and have this one figured out. You would have to feather the throttle on mine to get any rpm and would die constantly. It would idle better if I plugged the inlet of the carb a little with my hand so I cleaned the carb, didn't solve a thing. I took out the reed valve and I could see a hairline of light through them, I bent them in a little to seal it and that didn't solve it. I had spark so I was set on fuel.... BAD IDEA I noticed when I turned the lights on it would stall. so as a last resort I tested the stator, and the coil, both a little on the low side of specs so I ordered from ebay a stator, high perf coil, and for fun a no limit cdi all for about 100 bucks. Installed them all at once so I cant tell you what made the difference but this thing RUNS. one last memory the spark I had was visible but the new spark is down right spookey so I hope this gets you going faster then I did.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Clean the carb (removing both jets.
If that don't work, consider the above reply.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well since yesterday I have come up with this. I lowered the needle to the lowest setting. The quad starts right up but won't idle for any length of time. It will run though with the choke in the up position, but when I push it down it will die? The spark seems to be good I have a bright white spark. The engine is not yet broke in so I can't tell you how it runs at mid to w.o.t.. I will probable try the new coil and stator they have never been replaced. I also checked the compression and it was at 139psi, which was a big improvement over the old cylinder which was at 89psi.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default to quote the man

Originally Posted by LT80
Clean the carb (removing both jets.
If that don't work, consider the above reply.

got to quote the man. "if your quad won't idle, clean the carb/jets. if it bogs down when giving it throttle, clean the carb/jets." there is a sticky in the chinese section about carb adjustments. this is the main problem with no idle/no throttle up problems. CLEAN THE CARB/JETS..........

Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? if its a 4 stroke you need a nice blue spark if its a 2 stroke you should stell have a blue spark that could be why its doing this