Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Need Help w/Coolster 125 Quad - Blowing Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help w/Coolster 125 Quad - Blowing Fuse

My son bottomed out his Coolster 125 Quad and it immediately shut off. I found that it had blown a 10 amp fuse coming off the battery. I switched out the fuse, he started the quad and it ran for about five minutes before blowing the fuse again. Now every time I replace the fuse as soon as I turn on the ignition the fuse immediately blows. I searched the forums for similar problems and from what I read pointed me in the direction of the voltage regulator. My older son has the same model quad so I switched voltage regulators hoping to isolate the problem but no such luck, the fuse keeps blowing. Any guidance or help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did he scrape any wires when he hit bottom and knock off The insulation causing The wire to contact The frame creating a short somewhere. I'd look for any exposed wires and see where that gets you.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i concur, follow out the wiring harness and look for any wiring jacket deficiencies. even around the seat and handlebar areas. if you can't find any kinks, cracks, or broke wiring, then you'll need to get an ohm meter/voltmeter (even a cheap $5 meter from harbor freight will work) and start taking continuity readings from quick connect to quick connect. cbrandon is right, look in and around the frame especially around the A arm on the rear. could be as simple as the brake light wiring getting around the shock and pinching it. something is going to ground that shouldn't be. be patient, you'll find it fairly soon. just be methodical when tracing out the wires and you won't get frustrated.