Warrior 350 troubles - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:40 AM
bbrrraaaaAAAAPPPPP

Default Warrior 350 troubles

Just got a nice '95 Warrior with a sick paint job. Only things wrong with it are it needs the front calipers freed up and...it won't start. It turns over just fine, but it takes endless fiddling to start it. And when I do start it, it falls on its face and most likely dies when I punch the gas. Already took the carb out and the inside looked pristine, jets were clear, could see and blow through them. And, when I pulled out the plug, it was black and sooty, so cleaned it off and brought the gap down to .026 from .034, but still nothing. It's got a White Bros. E-Series slip-on and K&N air filter, with stock jets. Just don't get it...
Old 07-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Try changing the plug first. Never had much luck just cleaning plugs as they can be partially fouled and break down.May be all that it is ?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:23 AM
bbrrraaaaAAAAPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by old polaris tech View Post
Try changing the plug first. Never had much luck just cleaning plugs as they can be partially fouled and break down.May be all that it is ?
Hopefully, I'll pick one up!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

I know that carb problem all too well, my 95 Wolverine had the same carb and would just bog like crazy off the bottom. the problem most likely with that is the accelerator pump rod the piston can hang up if it is not smooth, but the biggest culprit is the pathetic sping they have, it has almost no tension to it at all and wont return the plunger. the spring from an old click style ink pen is the exact same size, but 5 times stiffer, works perfect . Another thing to check is the arm that pushes the plunger down, mine was almost at full throttle before even touching the pump rod,it takes some disassembly to remove it, but a little bending to shrink that gap will really help too.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:29 PM
bbrrraaaaAAAAPPPPP

Ok, I got a new plug in it as well as checking the carb out. Carb looks pristine, I replaced the spring for the accel. pump. The old plug was black and wet. Put the new plug in and the carb on, but same problem. So, took off the stator cover, and trying to test the stator/ pickup coil, but don't know how. I know I have to do a resistance test, but don't know which wires to test, anyone know? And should I test the ignition coil? Thanks in advance.