Eton Viper 50 Electrical Help. - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Default Eton Viper 50 Electrical Help.

My brother purchased an Eton Viper 50 a couple years ago. It ran when he was buying it, but as soon as he got it home, it wouldn't fire again. It was put in the barn for years now and he just decided to have me get it running. I can't get it to turn over with the electric start. It doesn't nothing. No noise, no clicks.
I was looking at a wiring diagram and noticed they have a remote cutoff safety switch. I'm thinking the guy had the remote within range when he bought it, but never gave him the remote.
My question is does anyone know if that's something that can be bypassed, or do I need to buy a new switch/remote?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol

the remote is not needed its for emergency shut off... You have to have the brake on for it to start. Battery fully charged? If that does not work use a screwdriver across the large terminals on the starter solenoid.