Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Gio 110 Mini Hummer Electrical Help

Search this Thread

Old Today, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gio 110 Mini Hummer Electrical Help

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on some electrical issues I'm having with, what I believe is, a 110 Mini Hummer ATV. I bought this last week as a non-runner, with the engine turning over.

When I got it home and started looking at it, the start switch and kill switch assembly was toast, the start button was missing... I got the engine turning over from crossing the starter bolts so know this works. Does not actually fire up. No spark going to the spark plug.

I ordered a kit off Amazon to replace the left switch assy, the CDI, the rectifier, the coil with spark plug housing, spark plug, starter relay, and ignition barrel. All have been replaced yesterday.

Now, given the wiring had already been hacked by the previous owner(s), its hard to tell exactly what should be where based off the existing plugs, but for the most part, I think its correct.

The first and main issue I am having is wiring the left switch assy. The new switch has only two plug connectors, where the old one had 3, so I have snipped the plugs off and wire them together directly. The number of wires for the kill and for the start button are the same on both. Currently, I have the starter button wired with the original plug as this one matched up. and the two wires for the kill switch are joined directly. When I turn the ignition key on, I get no response from the ignition switch (with the kill switch in the run position). If I flick the kill switch into the 'kill' position, it starts to turn over the engine - without even pressing the start button.

To me, that would seem like the starter button is reversed and the kill switch is reversed - so I swap the cables round on the kill switch but its exactly the same (tries to start when in kill position and completely dead in the run position). What??

Whilst its trying to turn over, I ground the spark plug to the body and there is no spark. I suspect this is probably just because of the electrical error on the switch right now though and once thats figured out, I'll get the spark. Or I hope, anyway.

Can anyone help? What is wrong here? How is it so backwards when I'm just dealing with two pairs of cables and one pair is still using the molex connector.

Thanks for reading!

George

Old Today, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kill switch has green and Black/White Stripe coming out.

Black/White from Kill to orange and green to green/white