Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Gas needs it's own Category

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gas needs it's own Category

That's what I think at least.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Gas Gas doesn't provide us with ATVs to review or purchase any advertising from us. Therefore, we don't really consider them a serious ATV manufacturer--thus they get lumped in with the kiddie and "other" quads. If in the future they appear to be more of a player, then we'll set aside a separate forum for them.

Old 07-21-2003, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

It's all about the money.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dbeck
Gas Gas doesn't provide us with ATVs to review or purchase any advertising from us. Therefore, we don't really consider them a serious ATV manufacturer--thus they get lumped in with the kiddie and "other" quads. If in the future they appear to be more of a player, then we'll set aside a separate forum for them.
Let me get this straight: to be a 'serious' ATV manufacturer (in your book) they have to:
A- Buy advertising from you
and/or
B- Give you a quad to ride

doesn't make much sense to me... but to each thier own

Old 07-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Dual,

I think your perspective is a bit off the mark. We don't get ATVs to ride (as in for fun as you inferred.) We review ATVs for our reader's benefit. How can we take a company seriously if they don't provide ATVs for review? We are, afterall, the second largest ATV Magazine in existence. We have more readers than Dirt Wheels, ATV Sport, and ATV 4wheel Action. The only larger publication is ATV Magazine and that's only because they give it away for free for 2 years to anyone who buys a new quad.

Please consider, if an ATV company doesn't want articles written about their ATVs or they don't buy advertising...then they are not seriously in business, right? As such, they get lumped in with all the kid's and "other" ATV companies.

If Gas Gas ever gets serious....we'll take them seriously.

Old 07-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Air,

I can always count on you to make some kind of smartalleck remark. If you go to your base infirmery I'm sure someone there can finish the botched frontal labotomy which left you in your current manic state. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

lol

Old 07-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

For what ever reason Gas Gas don't "give" you a quad to ride or review, you can't consider them not a serious quad manufacturer!
sounds more like the tail trying to wag the dog

Old 07-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

I cant believe you think they are not a serious quad manufaturer. Let me ask you something, what othert quad company sells a quads, and currently update it throughout the year ironing out all its faults and making it beter and better time and time again, almost every production run is slightlky differant in minor ways, but all in ways of constantly improving, when yamaha first brought out the raptor it had a bad gear box what did they do ? sell as many as they could in the first year to like you make as much money as they could, if that was gas gas they would have replaced every gearbox in every quad once they came across the problem not worrying about the money they were losing or making but worrying about there customers and most importantly keeping them happy! The other thing is that gas gas is not like all other makers the rest make `sport` bikes the ex the z even the banshee are sport bikes the gas gas is a full on racer they were the first company to do this and now yamaha and everyone is having to do the same.

Even the predator is nt a out and out racer, its a `sport` quad.

Dont knock them as not being a serious manufaturer cause they are and whether you or anyone else likes it or not your all soon gonna have to realise that, cause there gonna always be in your face at the front were they belong!!!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck,

How much money in advertising will it take for you to give them their own category?

Have you approached them?

When will you be deleting the Cannondale category?

Quick Reply: Gas Gas needs it's own Category